Hpi 5b rear wheels on 5t?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
so i bought some paddle tires sight on scene there and I got home and tried them on,well the tires are about 1/4 " wider than the rim...i managed to shove them down and they look good. Granted I know the right thing is to buy the right tires but I now own these. Do 5b rear rims work on the 5t? I wouldnt mind a little wider in the rear for just paddles20201113_180206.jpg

so i bought some paddle tires sight on scene there and I got home and tried them on,well the tires are about 1/4 " wider than the rim...i managed to shove them down and they look good. Granted I know the right thing is to buy the right tires but I now own these. Do 5b rear rims work on the 5t? I wouldnt mind a little wider in the rear for just paddlesView attachment 66065
Don't see why they wouldn't work . They are shorter in hirght though. I'd just run it And see how it goes

Luckily I had ddm rings to help hold back the pressure...they look good and if anything pushing against side wall firmed up the softness of them..i was even thinking of running the zero growth foams to help with flex

I held up my stock tires and they look to be the same height. @dougstar I appreciate it and im aware that all 4 tires have to be same diameter so they don't fight each other and break something(y)...im really doing this for entertainment purposes and I was going to buy front ribbed just for full slinging in the rear.

Sweet good to hear sean..... i like the ddm bead lock rings because their stiffer than the plastic losi ones. I managed just fine with these. Just curious to see if you guys did the same.

Also heres a 1200whp sand truck with mismatched tires....so take that mr down under @dougstar :LOL:

I was gonna dye the bead locks but I'm just gonna hold out for another set of wheels, and get some aluminum rings for it. You can kinda make out the ring has a bit of a bulge at a place or two. But I haven't had issues with them as of yet.

Sean i know what you mean if I tried to pin the ring down in a star pattern I cracked one...i had to run them down about half way one after the other and pull on the sidewall to line it up a bit better. Good thing I ordered 4 sets of outter bead lock rings....i have orange hostile bead lock rings that don't flex for sh*t so i may try them next...but i am happy with the outcome

Im not sure how they combat the ice and snow where your at but my job when it snows is fixing the plow trucks and that salt/brine does some pretty terrible things to metal. Ill pass on the snow bashing:rolleyes:

Im not sure how they combat the ice and snow where your at but my job when it snows is fixing the plow trucks and that salt/brine does some pretty terrible things to metal. Ill pass on the snow bashing:rolleyes:
I would play in the fields, wouldn't go near any roads, its salted where I live

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks