HPI 5b stock servo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walleye34

I just bought a 5b about three weeks ago. When I was doing some research on what to buy I noticed that most people who bought the 5b changed the radio and servos. I can understand the radio but are the servos really that bad? Ive put about 4 tanks through it mainly on grass and concrete (Its to muddy for any dirt action) Will the stock servos wear out quicker or is that I would get better handling with aftermarket servos or both? I don't plan on racing and don't want to spend 80$ on a 1/5 steering servo if I don't have to. And what about the stock receiver? Thanks for any help!:eek:

Many will say 'yes'.
Agreed it does appear to be a habit.

It is a general assumption that the stock radio gear on virtually any RC has been an economic compromise on the part of the supplier/manufacturer.

Having said that, I don't have a 5B so can't fully answer.

I think the best is to be prepared to replace, but to use the gameplan of 'break then upgrade' - can't go far wrong with that philosophy.

Don't forget, GET A REMOTE KILL SWITCH if it doesn't have one already - could save you a LOT of hassle and $$$$$$ !!!

Al.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I do have a kill switch it doesn't kill the engine though. It just applies the brakes if the receiver power starts to run low or the car goes out of rang.

I purchaced an RTR Baja in 2006 and replaced the stock steering servo after a few years with another stock servo.
The throttle servo and radio didn't last long but the standard steering servos are awesome.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks