Hpi Baja 5b issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeahMate

Hi guys,
Just bought a new 5B baja and straight from the box it doesn't seem to want move unless given full throttle. Not too sure if this is just how they are or there's a clutch issue?

u need to run in it first ?
and chk every single nut/ bolt ect before u run it?
can u do a short vid of it so we can see whats not happening ?
do the wheels turn freely??
I'll give it a bit more of a strap tomorrow morning and see if it helps but the wheels turn free, it seems like the clutch spring is too tight and is engaging very late, cheers

Hi guys,
Just bought a new 5B baja and straight from the box it doesn't seem to want move unless given full throttle. Not too sure if this is just how they are or there's a clutch issue?
I've experienced this before, and fixed it. You're running a 8000 rpm clutch. That means you HAVE to lean out the High Speed Needle in order for the clutch shoes to spin MUCH faster in order to engage the clutch bell with moderate throttle input. Turn the high speed needle to the right in small increments, then test to see if the buggy moves without a load of throttle.

In other words, you need to set the engine to run, naturally, at a higher speed. Leaning the engine out will do that, and your clutch will engage quickly without the need to go full throttle. I'm confident of this solution.

Do not do this!! Lean motor = more wear more heat =????= new motor!
You CANNOT make a blanket statement like the above. He CAN lean his engine to that point when he sees little to no smoke and then turn the high speed needle counterclockwise until he starts to see smoke again. That will be the safe point.

The carburetor is not tuned. That's why he has to apply full throttle to make it move. I have owned a Zenoah G290 engine for the past 3 years and have leaned it out and backed the tuning down to ensure I see smoke. I haven't had to replace any of the internals, thus far.
Rather than saying to a noob lean your car out ? ask the guy what carb he has? Find out what the high and low needle settings are and help him get the right tune?then his car will ru right? teach him the right way from the start

Rather than saying to a noob lean your car out ? ask the guy what carb he has? Find out what the high and low needle settings are and help him get the right tune?then his car will ru right? teach him the right way from the start
Isn't that what a forum like this is for? If you think someone like me left out a bit of information, then take up the slack: provide it. Isn't that how we all collaborate and learn and support? The time you take to berate me was the time to support me. Come on.

You CANNOT make a blanket statement like the above. He CAN lean his engine to that point when he sees little to no smoke and then turn the high speed needle counterclockwise until he starts to see smoke again. That will be the safe point.

That smoke trick is good. I never thought of that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks