Hpi Baja 5b SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ESC-RC

Hi guys.Looking for a bit of advice. I have a Baja 5b SS that I build in 2012.I ran the car for about 15/20 mins at 1/4 throttle to wear in the engine and for whatever reason I never started it up again.With me been off work for a couple of months decided to see if i can get it started again.The servos and radio systems are all working.Have taken off the fuel tank and ordered a new fuel line set.How to I clean out the fuel tank do I just flush it out with hot water.There was a bit of fuel left in the tank but it mostly was gone.Is there anything I need to do or not do before I try and start the engine.The car was running fine when I put it away.Thanks in advance.

Clean err up, add fresh fuel and give it a whirl.... if it doesn’t turn on then you might need to take the carb apart clean it up and try again.

you can just clean the old fuel tank with water & a little degreaser and dry it up really good ??
[/QUOTE
Thanks for the advice.I,ll put some new fuel and plug in and see if it starts.If not I,ll take the carb apart.Cheers
Carb will need a kit. Sat too long imo. Toss a new plug in it too. Hot water and dish soap works great for cleaning up parts. Dry it out really good like said.
Thanks for the advice.I,ll try to start it after cleaning it up if not I,ll take the carb apart.Cheers.

Hi guys.Quick update on the buggy.Finely got the fuel line kit and installed it.Put in a new spark plug and fixed up the rest of the buggy.Changed the oil and air filter and then tried to start it up.To my suprise it started up on the 3th or 4th pull and ran a full tank on idle with no problem.Did not have to mess with the carb at all which was a pleasant surprise.Going to take it out for a full run next weekend and see how I get on.?.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks