HPI Baja 5b to 5t conversion build begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bleeder screw like on your 1:1 car . Sadly they don't make anything this small. Found my first problem. The servo horn that comes with the kit doesn't fit my Savox throttle servo. Not sure whether is just cheap crap or the wrong tooth count but she no fits. Just places a order for a 25 tooth double ended servo horn by Protek.

So I got all the brake lines run . What a pain in the ass. Understandably the hose is very stiff. The only way to attach the hose to the compression fittings was to heat the compression fittings with my heat gun and then press the lines onto them and let them cool. Ended up using all 5' of the hose .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: No sharp bends or kinks . the brake line clears the pipe with about 3/8" spacing. I have a ton of room to the master cylinder. I'll post a pic when I start putting this back together.

Attachments

• IMG_20190519_195810.jpg
    IMG_20190519_195810.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20190519_195822.jpg
    IMG_20190519_195822.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
So I got all the brake lines run . What a pain in the ass. Understandably the how is very stiff. The only way to attach the hose to the compression fittings was to heat the compression fittings with my heat gun and then press the lines onto them and let them cool. Ended up using all 5' of the hose .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: No sharp bends or kinks . the brake line clears the pipe with about 3/8" spacing. I have a ton of room to the master cylinder. I'll post a pic when I start putting this back together.
Looks good dude ??

Sweet, so you got it all sorted (y)
Remeber there was a guy here about a year back totaly lost it with hydro brakes ............?????? he even quit the forum???? you show em coop??

Yup I remember . It was just a little bit after I joined this group of degenerates .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: . If you don't understand how something works you probably shouldn't buy it . Or make sure you do a lot of research first . Although I do have a question I'm not sure about . Do folks that install hydros still leave their rear brakes connected and use them too? If I don't get and answer in 5 minutes I'm going to go pout in a corner for a minute or so.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yup I remember . It was just a little bit after I joined this group of degenerates .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: . If you don't understand how something works you probably shouldn't buy it . Or make sure you do a lot of research first . Although I do have a question I'm not sure about . Do folks that install hydros still leave their rear brakes connected and use them too? If I don't get and answer in 5 minutes I'm going to go pout in a corner for a minute or so.:LOL::LOL::LOL:
???? Id leave ur rear brakes connected. Doesn't make sense to just have front wheel braking.

So this is kind of interesting. So I have the Yama dudes throttle linkage on my buggy. In order to hook up the master cylinder linkage you need a spring that they don't provide . WTF. I ended up stealing it from the old Rovan throttle linkage. So I wonder where you're suppose to get it from if they don't provide it.
I got lucky because I had extra parts.

So this is kind of interesting. So I have the Yama dudes throttle linkage on my buggy. In order to hook up the master cylinder linkage you need a spring that they don't provide . WTF. I ended up stealing it from the old Rovan throttle linkage. So I wonder where you're suppose to get it from if they don't provide it.
I got lucky because I had extra parts.
I get a little kick out having spare parts to to go through , and even more so when you find what you need?? lucky you had the spring??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks