HPI Baja 5b to 5t conversion build begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my time has been spent messing with the boat . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I've been befuddles with the brakes on the buggy. The Savox throttle/brake servo isn't strong enough to activate the disk brakes . So I have another Servo on it's way hoping it will be stronger. And the other problem I had with the buggy is it wouldn't run for more than 15 it it would die. Was acting like it ran out of gas.

After reading a bit on the forum I took the breather apart and adjusted the internals on it and pulled the airfilter off and checked it to make sure it wasn't over oiled. I did paint the Truck body today when I got home.

Attachments

• IMG_20190805_183923.jpg
    IMG_20190805_183923.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 12
All my time has been spent messing with the boat . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I've been befuddles with the brakes on the buggy. The Savox throttle/brake servo isn't strong enough to activate the disk brakes . So I have another Servo on it's way hoping it will be stronger. And the other problem I had with the buggy is it wouldn't run for more than 15 it it would die. Was acting like it ran out of gas.

After reading a bit on the forum I took the breather apart and adjusted the internals on it and pulled the airfilter off and checked it to make sure it wasn't over oiled. I did paint the Truck body today when I got home.
Oh I'm a bit dissapointed, kinda wanted more pictures of crashes for more bs ? body looks great

Oh I'm a bit dissapointed, kinda wanted more pictures of crashes for more bs ? body looks great
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thanks Z.

We're suppose to have storms here for the next 3 days . So we'll see what the weather really does . Friday is suppose to be nice along with the weekend. So I probably play around with it this weekend.

Why you didnt ask us the peanut gallery ?? I know exactly how to sort the brakes??? ship to me the problem will go away????????
Come now coop we want some action. Put some rcr brakes ?? new servo ?? make sure the manifold I secure ?? double check gas cap valve works??
Go go go??? easy as pie?

Why you didnt ask us the peanut gallery ?? I know exactly how to sort the brakes??? ship to me the problem will go away????????
Come now coop we want some action. Put some rcr brakes ?? new servo ?? make sure the manifold I secure ?? double check gas cap valve works??
Go go go??? easy as pie?
My Buggy doesn't use the Gas cap as a vent. If I went with the peanut gallery I'd end up spending another 1000 dollars on this damn thing with all the suggestions as to what the problem might be.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

if you ordered the servo I think you did you should not need the rcr kit.......just make sure you shim that brake pack so it does not do a cam over lock.......Lol

Last edited:
I had to redo the stock linkage as the yamadude stuff is too frail . got the cnc arm on carb from gizmo so I had too work around that with stock linkage snap-link, Had to make it go away and TIG a new end on to bolt to arm, Happy now... Get aluminum arm for that servo it will rip the plastic ones apart.
with the speed and power that servo has if you got ABS it makes it work wonders. servo can handle short fast hard duty cycles and makes the ABS work like it should.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks