HPI baja is coming back baby.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it on very good authority that the HPI Baja is now officially back into production. This has apparently started a few months back and HPI has been stockpiling parts for a late summer release. Ive also heard that the electronics and battery is also receiving a decent quality update with a 2.4ghz radio and remote. Lastly I also heard they are coming out with a new release buggy version with a 41.5cc engine. I cannot personally confirm this but I heard from the same source who gave me the information about the Savage rerelease. Lets hope this is true HOWEVER the official HPI website no longer shows some Baja parts as Discontinued and is in the Available kits section.

Unrelated but interesting is F5.9 engine and octane engine is also being reproduced.

Last edited:
Interesting. I hope they made some design improvements over the older bajas atleast. And 41.5cc is probably not going to be much of a upgrade either.

Also, the 5.9 and octane engines are straight garbage.

I actually had no idea Zenoah even made it. Looks like one of those weirdo goped engines that are so one off and hard to find.
Its probably a cy or something. don't have high Hope's for it at all, and a stock g320 will likely smack it.
Only thing I'm excited for is diff gears and the knick knack small stuff (like its very hard to get plastic front bulkheads) that's hard to get. Other then that, fek it. The aftermarket got us covered and they do it better.

Last edited:
How about instead of hpi blowing its product push horn on complete models lets FIRST get frigging new replacement parts for past popular models back on the shelves at the LHS's !

How about instead of hpi blowing its product push horn on complete models lets FIRST get frigging new replacement parts for past popular models back on the shelves at the LHS's !
I'm already able to get savage parts at my LHS. "GS Hobbies" seems to be getting rolled out slowly however I really would have liked to see the stadium trucks make a comeback.

The k5.9 were great when they ran right. The carbs were the big issues, particularly air leaks where they fitted to the block. I have a few of them laying around yet. Actually the reason I went brushless on my savvy. As for the great return of the baja. Meh. They better bring it to the 21st century and be very cheap about it. Hoping the new 5.9 and octane arnt total garbage, although the original octane I believe had potential just could never find one complete to play with.

I'm already able to get savage parts at my LHS. "GS Hobbies" seems to be getting rolled out slowly however I really would have liked to see the stadium trucks make a comeback.
I got 3 LHS's within a 60 min drive distance, one of which has outstanding parts support for many of the top brands, but HPI parts are still almost non-existent, as opposed to Traxx-ass which all 3 of my LHS have hundreds of replacement parts in stock. Still after all my whining i'm staying positive and patient to see Savage parts on the shelves (specifically the Savage fuel tanks)

The k5.9 were great when they ran right. The carbs were the big issues, particularly air leaks where they fitted to the block. I have a few of them laying around yet. Actually the reason I went brushless on my savvy. As for the great return of the baja. Meh. They better bring it to the 21st century and be very cheap about it. Hoping the new 5.9 and octane arnt total garbage, although the original octane I believe had potential just could never find one complete to play with.
I wonder if you put a like a novarossi carb or something on it and see if it's any good

I think that the 5.9 may have had a bigger port size, ill find my carb and compare it for you guys a little later, but I think I may have tried that once
I'm having flashbacks to the year 2004 when I tried the Savage "Truckzilla" .46 conversion . TERD SLOW ENGINE !! Total waste of a lot of money.

Confirmed, post size on 5.9 is larger
image.jpg
Standard (.21-.28)
image.jpg
It’s not a huge difference, but a standard nova carb or other will not fit, mabe a .32 or larger(actually .32 uses standard size) .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks