Hpi baja upgrade part 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skubaben

First off this have been a nightmare of a pipe :p First off it says it fits 5b 5t etc etc but it don't. close but need some modification. I hadd to cut off take of part at the end to make it fit . Cuse i couldent mount it to engine cuse it was in the way .

Next issue i had to warm and bend the attach part beside of the engine. So i could enter it. Finely afte disasebled moste of the backpart am starting to see more and more issues. Like i cant reattach rare left bumper. Cuset the pipe is in the way. So kinda clueless to what to do next now. If i can make it fit at all

Attachments

• 20180924_224651 (1).jpg
    20180924_224651 (1).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20180925_010157.jpg
    20180925_010157.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20180925_010203.jpg
    20180925_010203.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20180925_012434.jpg
    20180925_012434.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
First off this have been a nightmare of a pipe :p First off it says it fits 5b 5t etc etc but it don't. close but need some modification. I hadd to cut off take of part at the end to make it fit . Cuse i couldent mount it to engine cuse it was in the way .

Next issue i had to warm and bend the attach part beside of the engine. So i could enter it. Finely afte disasebled moste of the backpart am starting to see more and more issues. Like i cant reattach rare left bumper. Cuset the pipe is in the way. So kinda clueless to what to do next now. If i can make it fit at all

What pipe is that ?

Dude that's the completely wrong pipe, that's for the nutech thunderbolt NOT the hpi baja, don't know how you got that one wrong

Dude that's the completely wrong pipe, that's for the nutech thunderbolt NOT the hpi baja, don't know how you got that one wrong
Darn i wrote a mail asking for a pipe for my Hpi baja and that what i got.. Well thx for letting me know.

holly cow that looks like a total mare! WTF! was it sold to you as a straight bolt on?

Damn what is it with Jetpro? . I bought a Jetpro V3 for my Rovan 36cc. Doesn't fit . I emailed the guy and he said don't be afraid to beat on it to make it fit . Really WTF. Now it sits in a box in my spare room .

Yeah i almoste made it fit. I heated it up and bend't it. But i need to use cutting torch and weld it the other way or get rubber hose.
But it's to much hustle.(so it will probely stay in the box) So i orderd a dominator. From used marked but not used. So just hope it legit. But worried abut the end pipe. Cuse its 4x small holes that am worried will have to much resistance. But probely much better thene the orginal chainsaw pipe

Last edited:
Anyone have any toughts on using a small motor bike battery in the baja? Found a rly small one with 1.2 ah.

One exempal: http://sonnak.com/batteri/26406001-powerfit-s30612s-2/

Or anyone know a good guide to serie connect battery's? I did google but i have to admit i got abit confused by all the diffrent ways to do it.
i want to get light on my baja and am afraind i don't get enough run time with em on at night. Altho i have orderd one extra 5000 mah bat pack so i can use em both i guess.

But mainly a tought. Hmm more i think of it makes more sense to get own battery source for it. But thene i cant turn it on off from remote i guess.

Anyone have any toughts on using a small motor bike battery in the baja? Found a rly small one with 1.2 ah.

One exempal: http://sonnak.com/batteri/26406001-powerfit-s30612s-2/

Or anyone know a good guide to serie connect battery's? I did google but i have to admit i got abit confused by all the diffrent ways to do it.
i want to get light on my baja and am afraind i don't get enough run time with em on at night. Altho i have orderd one extra 5000 mah bat pack so i can use em both i guess.

But mainly a tought. Hmm more i think of it makes more sense to get own battery source for it. But thene i cant turn it on off from remote i guess.
i don't think that will work for 2 reasons, first the electronics for rc cars are either nimh, life, or lipo and that battery is non of them i think, and second i don't think that will take the abuse the baja goes through. could be wrong tho

i don't think that will work for 2 reasons, first the electronics for rc cars are either nimh, life, or lipo and that battery is non of them i think, and second i don't think that will take the abuse the baja goes through. could be wrong tho
You moste likely right abut that. But the motorcross and rallycars use those batterys so am guessing it should handle the stress. But might be wrong. Probely a reason i don't see rc cars with those kinda batteries ;)

Was woundering if anyone have anytips to get this tighter? Kinda reason i got the alloy one cuse i tought it will be less wobbly. But anyone tried to put extra ring inn or something?

Front wheel btw.

Update:
This seems like it going to do the trick ;) Have to w8 to store Opens :D

Attachments

• 20181006_042734.jpg
    20181006_042734.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 5
  • 20181006_042725.jpg
    20181006_042725.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks