HPI Line of Baja

William E Burrows Jr

A friend of mind purchased a 5th scale Rovan Baja for under $500.00.
It was a 29cc 4 bolt motor be failed to describe the make. CY, Zenoah or a BANGGood special?
He claims he install a kill switch. After breaking it in he went on his maiden bash.
It did not last long , he had a runaway, the kill switch failed and he crashed into a wall damaging most of the front end.
Most of the replacement parts are Hpi, from what I was told.
I was curious and called my friend Dave at DDM knowing that 5th scale Baja's are well over a $1000.00. He told me Hpi has changed hands 3 times and cannot stock any new Hpi Baja's.
He if ready to give up on the company.
Anyone on the forum know if this is true?
Sincerely,
William E. Burrows Jr.

21bangbang

As far as I know HPI bajas are no longer made. I would assume that includes parts as well. I have a feeling the availability of much cheaper options made the buisnesses model unsustainable.

PonyXpress

Good luck. I purchased a used HPI Baja 5R on-road and finding parts is not easy. eBay has some, but most others are limited. You'll have to look at other brands that might fit, read a lot on the forums.

I contacted HPI and they are no where close to coming back. I cannot recommend buying any of their stuff at this point, too hard to get parts and the company is a very lame status