HPI Newbee

RCAholic

Thread starter #1
Why on God's green earth, Would HPI sell such a great product as the 5b with such a restrictive exhaust system that it is a dog out of the box? If I had not checked out the posts here prior to purchasing this car, I would have been very dissapointed in spending nearly $1000 on a dog. After my first tank, i removed the stinger and gutted the muffler for vastly improved performance. I don't get it!!! Do You??? Hey HPI What's Up With That???? How many 5b buyers out therr don't know about our secrete??? Just my thoughts and not yours. :2guns:

tulz43

I do believe they mention taking the stinger off in the Yellow insert about tuning. Plus when you take the stinger off you really screw up your wing...but its worth it! :)

Timmahh

Bajastafarian Madnes
PLUS member
add the stingers. if you don't you may suck crap into the Xcan then into the motor. Seen it here First Hand on 2 of them. TRUST ME< make 1/2 in stingers. or get the new TGN Xcan Stingers for it!
T

dirtkiller

I believe the reason for the baffle is not only for noise control but also for spark arrester capabilities. I know there are laws about this sort of thing on atv's on public land

RCAholic

Thread starter #9
add the stingers. if you don't you may suck crap into the Xcan then into the motor. Seen it here First Hand on 2 of them. TRUST ME< make 1/2 in stingers. or get the new TGN Xcan Stingers for it!
T
I planned to use 2 HPI stingers since I have won one on ebay for .99. If it works well I will continue to use it. If not I may fabricate my own 2-1 silencer setup and see how that works. I am trying to stay away from the tuned pipes even though they give better performance. Don't like the look of most of them on the B5. If I were a racer I wouldnt care.

Timmahh

Bajastafarian Madnes
PLUS member
i think 2 of those should be ok. actually may restrict it just enough to make the low end spool up more controllable.
T

RCAholic

Thread starter #11
i think 2 of those should be ok. actually may restrict it just enough to make the low end spool up more controllable.
T
Got the extra stinger and installed both. Hope to run today and test. Initial startup sounded good but still loud (as if I care:) ) I am plannining to shoot some photos and try and get them posted. Full throttle to all.