HPI Savage Octane V2 or Losi K&N DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shipwreck

Good morning Guys and Gals

I am new to this forum and this is actually my first post so please for give me should I have posted this in the wrong section.

I am going to try and keep this short. I have owned a Traxxas Revo T-Maxx and a Jato, a HPI Savage 4.9 and a 5.9 XL all nitro cars and I am super impressed with the durability of the Savage. So a couple months I thought I would step it up a little and started looking at 2-stroke gas cars and some 5th scale cars when I came across the HPI Savage octane (1st version) I was very excited but learned they were discontinued due to reliability issues so I contacted HPI and they said there is a V2 in the works but do not have a launch date yet.

So I stop in at RC hobbies to ask around and this super nice guy turned me to the Losi DBXL 5th scale that came in right around the same price range as the Savage octane so after t his long winded story, here is my question. Could some of you guys who know about these trucks\buggies share with me why you would take the one over the other and\or some pros and cons. If I am going to spend $1000 on a RC car I would need it to not be discontinued in a few month and I would like it to be sturdy and durable.

Thank you in advance and have a good day.

@Shipwreck first and foremost welcome to LSF, glad to have you here!

As you know the Savage Octane V2 isn't out yet and we have no idea when it will be. So who knows how long you'll be waiting around for it. I know the first Savage Octane was mentioned years before it was actually released... not to say the same is going to happen with v2 but you never know.

The Losi DBXL is an entirely different beast than the Savage Octane as well. If it was me I would probably go ahead and get the DBXL or save up for a bit longer and buy a Losi 5ive-T. Both the Savage and Losi is going to have a number of hop-ups available for it, with the Losi RC's having more options when it comes to engines and pipes.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks