HPI Savage XL Octane up close

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review as always!!!!!! I loved the comment don't ask me to send you the remote go to another channel for that s*&* LMAO priceless. Some people ask for some wild things!!!!!!!!!!!!

First attempt at getting the Octane to fire up. Patience is a virtue. I'm trying to give you the most honest information I can provide you with. I'm not new to 2 strokes, but this engine has me puzzled.

Here's another video, 3 Savage Octanes. This is not a single car issue. We suspect the ignition unit to be flawed. Also, pay attention to how these 2.4 Ghz HPI radios act when operated together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent write up.
We've been following this on MSUK Forum.

To me it seems the higher speed timing is out / engine isn't firing cleanly.
All seem to change 1-2 no problem, but I thought they are 3-speed. I don't hear a change 2-3, unless I'm missing it?

Al.

It's running, it's wheelying, it does stoppies, shifts and terrorizes everything in its path! I'm so happy it's running, and running well! Another video on my HPI Octane, spread the word please, this is a car with MASSIVE potential!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent write up.
Just what all of the guys, and HPI I imagine, wanted to see.

Very methodical break in, and good clear thought regarding the process.

I'm concerned about that Walbro thread as well. There are setting locker kits out there. I think with a lot of bashing, they could easily change slightly. If it's that sensitive to settings, they could set it running badly without warning.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks