Hpi stock filter keeps rotating on full throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelJans

Hello,
The filter rotates quite easily if I move it by hand. It seems as if the fixing system is not very good. I also tried a new one but without solving.
The problem is that with the vibrations it starts to rotate and I don't think this is good...
Have you noticed the same thing too?

Many thanks

Hello,
The filter rotates quite easily if I move it by hand. It seems as if the fixing system is not very good. I also tried a new one but without solving.
The problem is that with the vibrations it starts to rotate and I don't think this is good...

Many thanks
yeh stock hpi filters do rotate a tad mate, its normal tbh,
as long as the o ring is there to seal it then all will/should be fine (y),

yeh stock hpi filters do rotate a tad mate, its normal tbh,
as long as the o ring is there to seal it then all will/should be fine (y),
The ring seems to have too much play. I was thinking to add some material to reduce it. A layer of silicone or teflon...

The ring seems to have too much play. I was thinking to add some material to reduce it. A layer of silicone or teflon...
when all said and done its up to yourself mate (y),
but its only the outer cage thats rotating, the filters held tight with the o ring,
the outer cage just holds/locks the filter in place, as long as the cage is clipped on properly then its good to go,

I use a coat of fasteddys transmission grease on the o ring. It hepls seal and makes it stick.
Or get a bartolone glory hole intake and tgi clamp style filter.

The hpi filter is superior to the uni/tgn filter. Untill you couldn't get the originals it's all I ran on smaller scale rc and had it on the dbxl. Only went with the clamp on version on the 5ive t because I could get and didn't have any more spare hpi filters.

Hello,

Many thanks
Stop staring at it and bash.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks