Hydraulic vs. Cable Brakes in Off-road Applications

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drbelleville

Has this been discussed yet?

I know it seems the cables would be better, and I run cable discs (FG) on the front and the stock Drivetrain brake in the rear. I am trying to see if the hassle is worth the upgrade, as it would seem Off-road would not be an ideal place to run Hydro (dust, debris and maintenance etc.).

Any help or info is appreciated.

I race in BRCA LSOR and most people including me run the hydros without any problems and they work very well and take less effort to set up....once fitted and bled 99% of the time you can forget about them :):):),for off road i would either use KPD or LAUTERBACHER twin pots if you can get adapter plate to fit to your hubs.....personally don't touch the magura ones,i have had no end of problems with them :no::no::no::no:

I have two FG's with Hydro's, and I have Cables on my Baja 5b. The hydro's are alot easier to set up (if you don't mind bleeding them). The cables definatley need to be adjusted alot more, and will require a High torque servo, so the cost will even out.

i run the Lauterbacher Hydros and at first i was going to pitch them do to rebleeding issues but have since changed my mind and have learnt how to bleed correctly and haven't had any issues at all

Thanks all for the info, I was seeing if first if anyone was using hydraulic brakes to good effect, and if there were any issues. I have wanted to upgrade for a while and now I have some extra cash to do so. I was looking at the Mecatech two piston Hydraulic brakes.

i have run cables on mine , then i changed to hydr`s [ best move i ever made ] . im running the magura 2`s with the lauterbacher bleeder kit.
after changing to the lauterbacher bleeders i havnt had any weaping issues .
the brakes are nice and smooth and work very well .

What ever u decide to buy just make sure to ask what type of fluid they use , as some use Minreal oil and some use DOT Brake fluid .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks