I am pretty skilled with a lathe fg monster beetle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Large Scale Basher

Reading the Rules!
hiya i am doing a lather course in school and i am pretty skilled with it just wondering as i have a monster beetle wat can i make so that as a hop up or anything really thanks

Lathes are cool machines.. do you have a milling machine available to you? I found that i can do more with a mill than a lathe for this type of work.. But then again that's just me.. I did a cool pair of landing skids for an RC heli i used to have.. I have also created a few servo trays for cars... The thing about a lathe, they're more for axial cuts on round surfaces and not for flat surfaces..

What were you thinking of making?

Chris

miller

Lathes are cool machines.. do you have a milling machine available to you? I found that i can do more with a mill than a lathe for this type of work.. But then again that's just me.. I did a cool pair of landing skids for an RC heli i used to have.. I have also created a few servo trays for cars... The thing about a lathe, they're more for axial cuts on round surfaces and not for flat surfaces..

hiya mate yes i have the miller to i was thinking off making 4 alloy arms for my fg beetle lol is there any chance u can make them for me as i am not to skilled with the miller plz thanks

I definately second the mill idea. Being a machinist I can say there aint a whole bunch of anything you can do on a lathe that will help your beatle. At least a mill you can make, well anything, excpet outside or OD rounds.

hiya mate did u do them on a miller wat it is i need 1 sample to make them but i just don't have one please can anyone help me thank you and all off u have a great week end

Yes, I made these parts on a miller.
It costs a lot of time to 1 and the other to make, because it is not a CNC machine.
Besides the price of the aluminum.
Therefore, the components are often priceless.

If you need a sample, take the arm off of your beetle. Then measure how thick the plastic is, so you can get a comparable piece of aluminum, then place the plastic part on top and mark around it to give you an outline of what to cut out. When you're done with the rough cutout, clean up the edges with a file or if you got a chamfered bit for your mill than pass it along the edges, but be careful not to gouge the metal. Repeat the process for the other ones.
This is the quick and dirty way. You can get more technical, but for your first couple of pieces you can do it this way and get used to the process.
Like RonW said, they take allot of time and they are all done by hand. plus you get a feeling of satisfaction at the end.
With a little practice you'll get some nice pieces. Don't forget to show us pictures.

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks