I has a brushless Savage :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheyDontWantMusic

Reading the Rules!
Sorry about the low res pics, I didn't realise my phone was set to 0.3mp

I'm running the 150amp HK ESC, the 2800kv KD36 motor, and two 25-35C, 5000mah, 4s turnigy lipos in parallel.

unfortunately, the stock battery boxes won't fit these batteries :p

not sure how well the motor mount will hold, but with the current 20t pinion, the adjustment is maxed out, so its not going to move in that direction

I applied heatsink compound between the motor and mount, mount and chassis, and motor and heatsinks

06022010035.jpg

06022010036.jpg

mm4x.jpg

mm3n.jpg

mm2bs.jpg

I finally got around to hooking up the two 4s, 25c, 5000mah lipos, in parallel...

batteriest.jpg

did 68.4km/hr off road...

the issue wasn't that it ran out of power, the issue was that when I put the power down, it would flip over backwards, even at that speed!

only running two 4s lipos in parallel too, not even 6s :O

not the standard motor either, haha Stick Out Tongue

vehicle has terrible handling!

mxspd.jpg

The truck looks great Music... I like the color and the bracket will surely hold. My friend has an E-revo that is a beast as well, i just got a losi 8ight that i will post pics of soon and that thing is fast.

Monster trucks have the tendency to be bouncy and have a high center of gravity. That's probably why it handles a little weird. If it's pulling wheelies, you might want to stiffen up the suspension or add thicker fluid in the back. That should help.

Chris

The truck looks great Music... I like the color and the bracket will surely hold. My friend has an E-revo that is a beast as well, i just got a losi 8ight that i will post pics of soon and that thing is fast.

Monster trucks have the tendency to be bouncy and have a high center of gravity. That's probably why it handles a little weird. If it's pulling wheelies, you might want to stiffen up the suspension or add thicker fluid in the back. That should help.

Chris

the struts are pretty hard as is.

I do have some thicker oil, which I was planning on trying, but I'm a bit worried about breaking the shocks :p I got the thickest oil I could find at the time :D haha

reason for the trailers, is that we're heading to a quarry on monday, and its a 20 minute walk.

I need spares and tools there, just incase, and there's no way I'm carrying them all!

20 minute walk? That would suck if the truck broke down!! I've had that happen to me, had to carry my HPI Baja back for over a mile!! I was feeling my arms the whole week.. LOL

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks