I have a problem 40gt, 46gt or 50gt engine choice for 5ive t 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny1981

I'm going to have more funds than I thought. I'm sure I would be happy with any of the choices. I'm not sure what one to get.

46gt/50gt is a great choice either way. I've ran them all, 46gt and 50gt both are torquey engines. I'd go 50gt though if I was buying new.

Seeing @Seandonato73 diff housing from a rcmax engine I would consider aluminum diff housings as a priority
I have the rc max chassis and diff housings and the modified center diff carrier
yeah I almost hit myself in the face after carrying the Vekta for a while I grabbed the DBXL expecting it to wegh 30 or so pounds and almost 3 stooged myself.
I have checked the dbxl out at the hobby store and was also shocked on how light it was compared to my 5ive t

How heavy are the 5ive's I would think if a 32cc OBR is plenty fast anything from RcMax or ALX would be insane.
Truthfully I've always really liked the OBR but I've also really liked the rc max and ALX. Those were my top 3 choices . And I will have the funds to get the rc max which I kinda put on a pedestal.

And I have also had to resist the urge to get another 5th scale because I also really liked the kraken vekta I've decided to put all my eggs in one basket.

Last edited:
I’ve got a few 5’s, I enjoy buying them cheap and rebuilding and cleaning them to sell. Not doing too bad...I do have one which finally hit the streets this summer, it has the OBR reed 32 in it and runs like a bat out of hell. I also have the OBR fat boy reed engine.”still in the box”...these don’t need much reinforcement. however if you want RCMax or ALX you will need to spend great money on cups diffs shafts to keep it together...those engines are stupid fast and cost $$$. but if your gonna spend that much money over what an OBR costs you may as well go ALX 70.... good luck and get ready for black Friday sales for all those parts....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks