I Keep throwing driveshafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zouz10

Hey guys,

I was racing yesterday and i kept throwing my front driveshafts... This was not the first time, and i've already tried the fuel tubing in the collars, but that didn't seem to work... They next thing i can think of is maybe a camber adjustment... I also tamed down my wheel turning travel, and that didn't help..

Any thoughts?

Chris

can you shorten the track width? maybe the dogbones aren't quite long enough and shortening the arm would help? maybe you have flexing/twisting going on as well that is allowing it to go too far.

The only real way to adjust the track width is to adjust camber, since all the other rose joints are in to their max.. It's popping out at the wheel and not the diff part... I think if I put longer shocks it might make it worse.
I was thinking of a solution today and i think i might be able to shim the cup where the driveshaft meets at the diff.. It's a long shot and i don't know if it will work but we'll see..

Chris

Got the whole car torn down yesterday and found an idea, i'll post pictures when I do the adjustment..
Kripton, how long are the fuel tubes supposed to last? Because both times they were really fresh, like 5 minutes old

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks