I need help with math…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deathrawt

So I was on the primal website looking at the carbon fiber plates and trying to talk myself out of getting them thinking “I don’t really need them and it would save me almost 600 bucks”
(I’m from Kanada so our dollar sucks thanks to the great mightyTurd.)
Anyway I went over to the section where the mega truck is and the next thing I know I clicked the buy now and spent 5k
But I still did save 600 bucks right? Lol

Lmao you saved $600 by default after spending 5k. The math works I used a calculator.
My problem is, I keep saying I am saving for a Mega, yet keep buying stuff for my current Raminator...lol. I'm fighting the urge to buy the Bart pipe as that is like $330 more towards the Mega lol...oh the problems we face. Lol!

Congrats on the purchase and look forward to pics!!!

Once my bank account recovers I want to try the Bart pipe with the mods I did to the stock Raminator engine
Want to try a few different carbs on it. Got a wt 813 and a wt 1107
The carb that’s on it is a knockoff model that came with the intake and 4 petal reed setup so hoping a genuine Walbro will be better performance wise
I don’t plan on doing much for upgrades to this truck. I will keep the motor that it comes with as a new spare and run my modded stock Ram engine in the Mega
Oh I did get the blue skull gas cap for it too!
Also still have one set of the old school Darksoul skull wheel nuts that I will use on it. I have a set on the Ram as well, too bad they don’t make them anymore

No you don’t have to cut the side plate
Some guys do as it’s easier to get the engine out if you need to but I think it looks like crap with it cut
You have to remove the upper bolts and loosen the ones that secure the 4 links and then you can slide the plate out enough to get the engine out

I think the Losi 5B buggy would be a good build
That was what I was gonna get but then the darn mega came out and I ended up getting it instead

I'm going to get it eventually to try out on the mega truck. Ya i hear you hopefully it makes a noticeable improvement on performance considering what it costs.
Would be nice if someone could come out with some decent cyllinder/top end kits for the stock engine that would boost the power output. It would be a nice alternative to the super expensive tayler/alx engines
I tried a chinese top end with 2 xtra boost ports on it and it was worse then the stock engine lol

This is what Primal told me about it;

I noticed a small midrange torque improvement with the new bart pipe, it’s a tight fit but it clears the body no problem. I will take new pictures of it installed in a stock MEGA truck, I will add them to the listing some time next week. Honestly If you’re looking for a big and noticeable power improvement you will be disappointed but it does sound much better also.

They did end up posting pics of it on the Mega...go to the pipes sale page and its the last group of photos.

I wonder if it would work better with the small mods I have on my engine, wt1107 carb and 4 petal reed block, it would have to be better then the stock pipe but who knows

Attachments

• 5FF39371-0819-4DED-B738-E977769FC14C.jpeg
    5FF39371-0819-4DED-B738-E977769FC14C.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 15
Yup I took out the stock engine/ pipe that came in the mega and put my raminator engine in the mega that has the mods on it
Wasn’t sure how the red would look with the blue but it looks alright
I ordered a new air filter and a trail tech tach from ddm today for it
Was able to get 11.5k rpm from the engine when it was in the ram driving on hard ground which is decent for these cheap engines
So hoping it performs better in the mega with the smaller tires

Went with the dt1 triple stage
It looks like it is angled down so should clear the tank hopefully
I got one for the 50cc Taylor that’s in the ram too

After assembling the truck and having a few days to examine/mess with it I have a few observations that some may find useful
I had two bad servos out of the box, one steering and the brake servo
Primal sending out replacements so +1 on customer service
The shocks…
The good- bigger shafts, bigger bodies, alum lower retainers, much better valving. The old versions had too small of holes in the pistons, these are much bigger and the shocks now work like my ram shocks after I drilled the piston holes bigger
The bad- 3 of my shocks were leaking out the bottom
After disassembling I see that they use a black flat type of seal vs the normal red type oring and they don’t seal very well
Also the upper seal is now in a groove in the shock body that may be a pita to remove/replace
The lower seal is in the usual spot with the lower retainer holding it in
I added a thin o ring in between the upper and lower seals and they have quit leaking
The upper caps no longer have the bladder so not sure if that’s a plus or not
The new radio box is nice but I can see that having to remove the screws on the lid to remove the battery for charging is gonna be a pain
The one switch has a servo type plug on it but not sure if we can charge battery through it or not
The engine is still the same gutless thing they always used but this one only has a high mixture screw where the engine in my ram had the low speed one on it so primal took a step backwards here
The new blue colors are nice and the upgraded hardware is a big plus, however the locktight monkey at the factory must have got a new bigger bottle so heat is still required to get the bolts out but at least the heads are less likely to strip out now
Wheels/tires are nice and a fair bit smaller then the ram ones
New body is a nice change although it should have come with Chevy emblem decals
Overall the package looks pretty decent, not really sure if it’s worth 400 more then the v2 version though

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks