I need help with math…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing recap man. Some disheartening things to hear for sure. I have always been pro their customer service for sure, but to hear of the issues, especially the shock redesign issue stinks. 99.9% sure there is no Chevrolet Bowtie due to licensing issues w Chevrolet. Even Dan, when doing a detailed video of the rig does not refer to it as a Chevrolet body. Licensing can be a pain...Hall Brothers Racing really helped get the licensing squared for the "Raminator" I am sure. As for the battery box, I was wondering the same. Running a lipo, I wouldnt want to keep it plugged in in the truck anyhow...so I would end up pulling it every time. Sucks the loctite person was on full tilt again during assembly...at least hopefully the new hardware will hold.

Once more of these get out to people it will be interesting to see if others are having the leaking issue or not
Maybe I just got bad luck and got junk seals who knows
I’m sure primal could get some better o ring seals for the shocks if it ends up being an issue

Got a bunch of OT at work this last week due to equipment breakdowns so ordered up the Bart pipe and some spare parts to have on hand ( bearings, driveline parts/diff gears, etc)
Guess I’m gonna find out if the Bart pipe is any good or not
Hopefully I didn’t waste 430 bucks lol

Ya I plan to run it with my mostly stock engine
I want to try to do a back to back run first using the stock pipe then the Bart pipe so I should be able to tell right away how much it improves over the stock pipe
I might try it with the stock reed valve assembly and rotary carb too
I will have the trail tech rpm guage on there too so can see if it improves the top end as well

Ya I plan to run it with my mostly stock engine
I want to try to do a back to back run first using the stock pipe then the Bart pipe so I should be able to tell right away how much it improves over the stock pipe
I might try it with the stock reed valve assembly and rotary carb too
I will have the trail tech rpm guage on there too so can see if it improves the top end as well
Dude thank you so much. This will really help me out. I look forward to the results. 🏁🏁👍👍

My ddm order arrived so I installed the new dti filter and trail tech tach
Decided to make a shelf/bracket using a chunk of thick lexan I had laying around and bolted it behind the tank using an existing hole in the rear tank bracket and the rear tank bolt hole
I think it’s a good spot as it won’t interfere with the radio box and it’s protected from damage from a rollover

Attachments

• 2F7B7043-A35E-43B6-B62C-2543A60C9A41.jpeg
    2F7B7043-A35E-43B6-B62C-2543A60C9A41.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 10
So I was on the primal website looking at the carbon fiber plates and trying to talk myself out of getting them thinking “I don’t really need them and it would save me almost 600 bucks”
(I’m from Kanada so our dollar sucks thanks to the great mightyTurd.)
Anyway I went over to the section where the mega truck is and the next thing I know I clicked the buy now and spent 5k
But I still did save 600 bucks right? Lol
There’s a fellow Canadian here with a Raminator. I thought I was the only one. Lol

Here’s a side by side pic of the stock pipe and the Bart pipe
I was expecting the Bart pipe to be quite a bit bigger but it really isn’t.
I guess it can’t be real big otherwise it wouldn’t fit in the frame.
The tube off the front is bigger diameter and so is the rear outlet
The pipe should be less restrictive then the stocker

Attachments

• 7460F61C-6605-4950-B366-F49D3EA578F0.jpeg
    7460F61C-6605-4950-B366-F49D3EA578F0.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 7
Here’s a side by side pic of the stock pipe and the Bart pipe
I was expecting the Bart pipe to be quite a bit bigger but it really isn’t.
I guess it can’t be real big otherwise it wouldn’t fit in the frame.
The tube off the front is bigger diameter and so is the rear outlet
The pipe should be less restrictive then the stocker
Looks sick! Let us know how it does. Any videos would be a plus so we can hear it. 👍👍🏁🏁

Oh god no I wish I could!
We still got 3 feet of snow it’s gonna be a bit before I can run it unless I can find a big area that’s all plowed out or something
I’d rather not run it on ice/snow where all it will do is spin constantly
I got the new pipe from Taylor the other day so I gotta get that one on the raminator as well

Oh god no I wish I could!
We still got 3 feet of snow it’s gonna be a bit before I can run it unless I can find a big area that’s all plowed out or something
I’d rather not run it on ice/snow where all it will do is spin constantly
I got the new pipe from Taylor the other day so I gotta get that one on the raminator as well
Meanwhile in Southern Arizona...its 63° out . 🌞
LOL!

I wish it was nice and warm here
Spring can’t come soon enough!
We hit 0 deg C today but supposed to be back to -20 deg C on Wednesday :(
I did get the Bart pipe installed on the mega truck and it was a tight squeeze to get it in
The driver figure fits no problem there is a half inch between the top of the pipe and the lexan

I fired it up last week and putted around in the shop a bit but never got it outside
It seems to run pretty good I’m hoping I can get a decent run on it this week sometime

Had a chance to take the truck for a decent run and it ran real good for the stockish engine
Bottom end and mid range was really good but top end I think was not as good
I only got 9800 rpm where I was getting 10500 and a little higher before
Carb prob needs some tweaking though as I have a 1107 on there now
I’m going to gear it up one step and see how it runs
It got up to top speed pretty quick but ran out of revs so I think it can easily pull a higher gear
Went to take the ram with the Taylor 50 for a rip and the transmitter batts were dead
Replaced the batteries and went to fire it up and the reciever battery was toast
I guess there’s always next time lol

I tried out the 27/23 gear ratio and it pulls it no problem with the mega truck tires, will have to try it with the raminator tires and see how it is
Then I took the ram out with the Taylor 50 and holy crap the thing just hauled ass
Rickdizzle, I’d say save your pennies and get a Taylor 50 and be done with it
The Bart pipe helps plus so does my other mods to the stock engine but the Tayler is just on another level
My run ended after I misjudged how close I was to a pole shed building and the ram tried to sideways crawl up the tin wall and it cartwheeled multiple times in the air and then proceeded to snap off my heavy duty Tayler steering arm bolt where it attaches to the axle housing, I’m surprised that’s all that broke on it lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks