I want to start shaving weight off my Losi 5T2.0. And need advice on which parts to begin changing out . There heavy and it needs to come down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ryan reynolds hd GIF

I always find going to a "light" beer helps me...so I would google "light" fuel...same principal as light beer for humans I am pretty sure.

Lol..no really go to more plastic and do some research into wheels and tires..there are some out there that are fairly light. Pretty sure a few companies offer carbon fiber stuff too, but be ready to pay.

There is nearly 0 gain from lightening these rigs. It's not going to miraculously go from 50mph to 65mph or be any faster off the line. Just not enough weight to loose unless you get some rigid cardboard for a chassis lol.... Fill your tank 1/4 way and that can be your weight savings. 👍

ye the bulk of the weight is the motor and you obviously need that. electric is another way to go, but that's a complete different route. keep us posted

We also need to know its purpose because light can mean fragile
I plan on upgrading to a big bore engine I really want to keep the weight down . I'm considering a MGS carbon fiber chassis for it . In time aswell Todd told me the frame does not come already ready for fitment and I think I need more time with the wrench and learning more before I buy the chassis (ive never done fitment drilling or anything like that ) 👉however I'll never learn if I don't just fully dive in the deep here ... Almost on month 7 of owning this truck , having never owned a RC prior in my life !

I plan on upgrading to a big bore engine I really want to keep the weight down . I'm considering a MGS carbon fiber chassis for it . In time aswell Todd told me the frame does not come already ready for fitment and I think I need more time with the wrench and learning more before I buy the chassis (ive never done fitment drilling or anything like that ) 👉however I'll never learn if I don't just fully dive in the deep here ... Almost on month 7 of owning this truck , having never owned a RC prior in my life !
29.6 with buggy wheels, no body. Better gain is loss rotational mass.

Attachments

• 259F5DD1-406B-4E23-B39D-669280666D1E.jpeg
    259F5DD1-406B-4E23-B39D-669280666D1E.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 23
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks