I wish RPM got into large scale...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
I wish RPM Products would get into the large scale rc field. I know a lot of guys like the look of aluminum and so on, but I'm not one for a 100% aluminum truck. For one they are way to heavy and two once you bend aluminum, bending it back just makes it that much more weaker. I don't have $100-200 for arms to shell out each time they get bent. I've used RPM arms and other parts on every R/C I've ever ran. They are very inexpensive when compared to the cost of aluminum and they tend to hold up even better, plus their warranty can't be beat -- break it and they replace it.

-Michael

RPM is a smart company. It costs too much to make a mold for something that has a small base. Look how long it took them to come out with Savage arms.

When is the last time you heard of an FG or Baja a-arm breaking? Not much, and they are dirt cheap. The Baja ball joint wears out before you'll break an arm.

Interesting bit of info... I know the market for large scale is small for RPM and I realize it's not cheap I didn't realize though how strong the arms on the FG really are.

All the posts and pics I've seen are of aluminum parts and such. Just figured it was a weak spot. I'm ready to beat this thing up and find out myself just how strong these things are.

-Michael

I wish RPM Products would get into the large scale rc field. I know a lot of guys like the look of aluminum and so on, but I'm not one for a 100% aluminum truck. For one they are way to heavy and two once you bend aluminum, bending it back just makes it that much more weaker. I don't have $100-200 for arms to shell out each time they get bent. I've used RPM arms and other parts on every R/C I've ever ran. They are very inexpensive when compared to the cost of aluminum and they tend to hold up even better, plus their warranty can't be beat -- break it and they replace it.

-Michael

I agree with you. RPM is a awesome company. I full RPM arms on my nitros and other parts of theres as well. Cant beat the lifetime warranty. Lunsford is another great company for pushrods and turnbuckles.

RPM is a smart company. It costs too much to make a mold for something that has a small base. Look how long it took them to come out with Savage arms.

So true. In the 10th and 8 scale there is still a lot of popular products they haven't made yet. As far as a business point of view I see why they haven't addressed this market.

On the other hand, or should I say in the other hand, they did see a market to manufacture dangling nut sacks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks