[Identified HARM SR1]Help identify 1/5 GT car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickxab

Guys this is my first 1/5 RC.
I bought it for 150 euros, knowing the prices of 1/5 scale models i think this was a very good deal.
The guy that sold it to me said that he has no clue about RCs and that it was a gift from his friend, so i don’t know what model it is.
Could you help me identify it ? :rolleyes::DFE09D383-0A0D-44E7-B9DC-025D8D297071.jpeg8C1DCC80-665F-4436-B78E-C4D9C90CDC3A.jpegCC149687-6B2A-491E-8DE7-980B116AA661.jpeg3687FE22-5248-4840-87AC-A0240F3E255C.jpegD4BB9896-DA85-4257-9E2C-AC91F084BC75.jpegCD1F7FF7-0696-48DC-8BC6-B34EED1D52B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Not an fg. I've learned there are a lot of cars out there that are similar. I was thinking maybe smartech or nutech but tray has me wondering. The U.S. didn't get a lot of cars from overseas thus making our base knowledge of them lacking. I'll give a shot at it later as I've just looked at pics briefly,I might get lucky.?

Not an fg. I've learned there are a lot of cars out there that are similar. I was thinking maybe smartech or nutech but tray has me wondering. The U.S. didn't get a lot of cars from overseas thus making our base knowledge of them lacking. I'll give a shot at it later as I've just looked at pics briefly,I might get lucky.?
Oooh thanks for this, i’m gonna search on these companies :D
Whatever it is its cool, and I hope you get it out to run. We want video if u do.?
Sure, i will make one when i restore it :D but first i gotta buy a couple of rare models i found in one store :LOL: (like graupner OS NSU 49-PI wankel engine and a vintage kyosho boat with OS outboard nitro engine on it) and then i will restore it.
Actually it doesn’t really need restore...a good cleaning and a new body and a receiver :LOL:

No identifying marks anywhere? Of any kind?
Generally that's the problem. For some reason a lot of cars don't have markings. I think some is to avoid possible lawsuits for infringement. Then there are the super cheap copies that probably don't want you to know cause they suck. That's why every other car you see says "FG" cause that's their hope to sell them. There are some good cars out there or you can make them good anyway. As in anything popular there's going to someone willing make cheaper price point item. The ones that copy FG the closest can interchange parts,so you can upgrade them. I'm always scratching my head on eBay cause "everyother" car is a FG.
It's incredible what they try to pass off as FG even if there isnt a single FG part or design,it's still an FG and of course, they want top dollar.?

Smartech/Nutech/Carson depending on model can be upgraded with fg parts.
That car I would just clean up and fix what's needed and run.?
Edit: that's a good exhaust design,it looks like a Samba or other aftermarket,i can't read what it says but it looks good.?

Last edited:
Generally that's the problem. For some reason a lot of cars don't have markings. I think some is to avoid possible lawsuits for infringement. Then there are the super cheap copies that probably don't want you to know cause they suck. That's why every other car you see says "FG" cause that's their hope to sell them. There are some good cars out there or you can make them good anyway. As in anything popular there's going to someone willing make cheaper price point item. The ones that copy FG the closest can interchange parts,so you can upgrade them. I'm always scratching my head on eBay cause "everyother" car is a FG.
It's incredible what they try to pass off as FG even if there isnt a single FG part or design,it's still an FG and of course, they want top dollar.?

Ditto!

No identifying marks anywhere? Of any kind?
Beside the engine that's a Zenoah G230RC engine there isn't anything else.
I'm pretty sure tho that i saw somewhere the front bumper with the GT logo on it:unsure: but like i said that's my first 1/5 scale model so i don't know a lot of models ect. :cry:

Edit: that's a good exhaust design,it looks like a Samba or other aftermarket,i can't read what it says but it looks good.?
Oh this one with the Samba it's not mine, i found it on internet and looked like very similar with mine. It's and Smartech model. :)
When i will have the budget i will upgrade it, hydraulic brakes, maybe a racing engine, 3 speed transmittion and a lot of aluminum parts. :p

What about the bodies ? Are they like the rest scales ? :unsure:

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks