idle problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddie2166

i've just finished rebuilding my 23cc engine, when i fired it up it simply wont idle, the lowest it can go without cutting is around 1/3 throttle. ive checked the fuel lines and cleaned the carb and still no improvement. the crank+head+exhaust joints are done up tight

could anyone shed some light on this

i've just finished rebuilding my 23cc engine, when i fired it up it simply wont idle, the lowest it can go without cutting is around 1/3 throttle. ive checked the fuel lines and cleaned the carb and still no improvement. the crank+head+exhaust joints are done up tight

could anyone shed some light on this

Needs tuning, maybe an airleak, or a bad spark plug could be a number of things

Yes it would it will add air just like opening the carb butterfly except it is only air so it makes for a lean mix besides further raising the RPM and decreasing normal tunability. Lean has no power just RPM.

so i need to either add another gasket or replace my current ones

Make sure the throttle is fully in and if you still cant get a decent tickover I'd say its a blown gasket.
You did use new gaskets on the rebuild? If you use the steel reinforced they are garbage and leak like a guddun!
Oh,check that the insulator block is not warped and the gaskets are in good nik.
J

I know you have checked the fuel lines but did you check they are on the right way round?? In at the bottom of the carb with the return at the top.

Have you reset the carb back to stock settings? don't assume it will run at what it was set at pre build.

Make sure the throttle is fully in and if you still cant get a decent tickover I'd say its a blown gasket.
You did use new gaskets on the rebuild? If you use the steel reinforced they are garbage and leak like a guddun!
Oh,check that the insulator block is not warped and the gaskets are in good nik.
J

Yeah i originally bought a new 4 shoe adjustable clutch and needed to take out the clutch holder bolt, that sheared off and ended up with me buying a new crank. On ddm website they're supposedly superior to the stock ones but they're really not as you said the leak loads. It idled ok ish with no pipe on but with my dominator on it would only operate at 1/2 to full throttle.

So now im guna order myself a set of these
http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/zenoah-cy-gasket-set-be150.html

Would the above gaskets be suitable or can anyone reccomend a better set??

ive replaced the gaskets and used gasket sealant (so it cant be an airleak) but it wont even start with my ddm dominator pipe (i tried altering the needles alot but made no difference) fitted but it does start quite happily with no pipe fitted.

i did a compression test which came out at 6 bars. is that enough??
if it isnt how can i get more compression?

any help would be greatly appreciated

needs to be at least 80psi to run at all 120-150 is optimal.are you sure the pipe is not clogged?i know you said it was new.blow thru it with the piston at bdc

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks