Idle screw base settings # of turns out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunner221

Can anyone supply this info, having a right mere of a problem right starting the beast and have completely messed my idle screw settings.:oops:

cheers

have a great Christmas & New Year

Wind them both fully in and then take both out to 1.25 - 1.30 turns out,this is a good starting point for them,then when you have it started adjust the idle screw to suit so it ticks over nice,

Hope this helps,

Have a good xmas yourself dude and the same to all you other petrol heads out there

I don't think there is a set number.
I just open it up a little to far, let it warm up and slowly close it till it idles properly. You will need to make sure that your linkage is properly adjusted so it closes all the way when your at a neutral throttle position before you start adjusting.

Even if the idle screw is incorrectly set as long as the carbs closed when trying to start it and the H and L settings are right,when you come to start on the choke you should still hear it want to go after 1 or 2 pulls after you have pumped petrol through the carb,then after its nearly started knock off the choke,set the throttle screw so it just opens the butterfly in the carb.

Just keep adjusting it till it runs nice on tick over

If this don't work you have something else wrong :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie:

started the beast this morning :clap: had been having a big problem getting it going after attempting to start to tune it and must have over done the idle. now I need to get out and try to tune it again now it's going. I'll be a lot more careful on the screws :blush:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks