If you want electric start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see too.many threads with people installing crappy electric starts. For those guys, please check this out. Pricey at $300 but the best system by far. I encourage you to check out the videos of it on youtube.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/wolunstart...d00c222:g:bb8AAOSwOhVZrLc~#vi__app-cvip-panel
Yeah but no. 300 can be used in so much better ways and a pullstart isn't hard whatsoever. Unless you are have a dissability and literally can't pull a starter then, still no cuz drill starts exist lol. And for a perfectly healthy person, complete waste in my opinion. But, I'm not gunna tell anyone what to do with their money ?‍♂️

I completely agree. I personally wouldnt buy it for $300. Better spent on other upgrades like you said. I onky mention it for the older/disabled gentlemen that arent able to pull start. Especially with the new high compression/high displacement engines out there. I watch a friend struggle with his crappy electrix strart and many others. Almost defeats the purpose of having it, if it just causes more problems. This post was a solution. Another, better option to consider. Take it easy

I completely agree. I personally wouldnt buy it for $300. Better spent on other upgrades like you said. I onky mention it for the older/disabled gentlemen that arent able to pull start. Especially with the new high compression/high displacement engines out there. I watch a friend struggle with his crappy electrix strart and many others. Almost defeats the purpose of having it, if it just causes more problems. This post was a solution. Another, better option to consider. Take it easy
Wonder how it perform on say a 71cc alx/rcmax or any big bore actually. ?

@Chillin4life187 Nice find! That starter is bad ass! To me it isn't really that expensive considering you are getting the convenience of electric start and a cell balanced battery charger all-in-one. If I was in the market for an electric starter, that would be the one I'd be buying.

My only drawbacks but not deal breakers would be questionable customer service and having to purchase a 4s Lipo.

500gr isn't really that much of a weight increase if you haven't already billet barged your car and aren't running a stock motor. And if you're running a massive power plant it's nothing at all.
And if your running massive power (rcmax 90) I doubt this will turn it over ?‍♂️ takes alot to turn them big suckers over, as I've learned ?

I bet the torque spec on that motor isn't too bad, given it's a 4S.

Did I read that right, that it charges the battery as well? I guess you could run a voltage regulator off the 4S and run the servos from it as well. Not sure how a kill switch lvc would react to that sort of setup.

I'm reading so many posts lately as to difficulty starting bigger / higher compression engines. There are a few tricks to help pull start easier. When I run my KX500 out on the ice in the winter it's a MAJOR PIA to get that beast started. I've learned a few tricks that really helps. First is to always position the piston slightly after TDC . This allows a full stroke of un-compressed travel and now the assembly has some built up energy to transition to the "up" compression stroke. Second is to heat up your engine with propane. You will be amazed at how much easier your heated engine spins over vs. cold. Might be a bit tricky heating up a fan cooled engine (be carefull not to melt and distort the fan shroud) but I bet it will help.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks