I'm about to waste more money then I can afford, this hobby made me obsessed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skubaben

I bought my first hpi baja, 3 weeks ago. Got a rly good deal on it. And now i found a collector/builder who sells a losi 5ive t with TONS of upgrades used 4 liter gas and after that it been a model in his living-room. So its in rly good shape as close to new as it can get.

A fue worries. First its a rly bad investment:p But lets look away from that;)
It has a dynamite engine. Probely the orginal from the 1.0 how is it? i don't mean power wise but dirability compared to zenoah or fuelie?

My second worrie is that losi has no stores in my country. So i guess i have to pay tons of import taxes and shipping. hmm ;)
Am rly conflicted. And main reason i guess is the 5ive t 2.0 that soon able to order. Is it more worth w8ting for the 2.0 even tho the other one have tons of upgrades?

Anyone have any thoughts that can put my mind at ease ?:D Long live 1:5!

Attachments

• ghghgh.jpg
    ghghgh.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 129_1018707724.jpg
    129_1018707724.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 21
  • dfdddfs.jpg
    dfdddfs.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 20
  • car.jpg
    car.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 20
I bought my first hpi baja, 3 weeks ago. Got a rly good deal on it. And now i found a collector/builder who sells a losi 5ive t with TONS of upgrades used 4 liter gas and after that it been a model in his living-room. So its in rly good shape as close to new as it can get.

A fue worries. First its a rly bad investment:p But lets look away from that;)
It has a dynamite engine. Probely the orginal from the 1.0 how is it? i don't mean power wise but dirability compared to zenoah or fuelie?

My second worrie is that losi has no stores in my country. So i guess i have to pay tons of import taxes and shipping. hmm ;)
Am rly conflicted. And main reason i guess is the 5ive t 2.0 that soon able to order. Is it more worth w8ting for the 2.0 even tho the other one have tons of upgrades?

Anyone have any thoughts that can put my mind at ease ?:D Long live 1:5!
How much is it? Imo both Zen 26cc and fuelie 26cc are both similar and both are ? when it comes power not sure about durability but probably good then why would losi give it to ya! The tires are nice, very good condition. Also how much you plan on selling you Baja for? And I noticed no roll cage so add like 120+ bucks to that, more damage to your wallet!!! ??

Last edited:
if you aren't ready to spend a LOT of money on your new hobby u better get out while u can lol. IDC what vehicle you own, you are going to sink a ton of money into it

And from what I have seen, the 5ive is going to be as bad. Not because it's bad but because upgrades are more expensive

The orange/grey 5ive T's came with a 29cc. The kicker...they sold a 2bolt version and a 4bolt version. No way to tell which one you got until you opened up the box and took a look.
The 29cc 4 bolt runs pretty well but it is kind of a mutt...bolt patterns don't line up with other cy or zen motors i think...DDM and A-main do stock replacement parts for the motor though. I don't know anything about the 2 bolt 29cc that came with some of the 5ive t's...other than its a 2 bolt...

The orange/grey 5ive T's came with a 29cc. The kicker...they sold a 2bolt version and a 4bolt version. No way to tell which one you got until you opened up the box and took a look.
The 29cc 4 bolt runs pretty well but it is kind of a mutt...bolt patterns don't line up with other cy or zen motors i think...DDM and A-main do stock replacement parts for the motor though. I don't know anything about the 2 bolt 29cc that came with some of the 5ive t's...other than its a 2 bolt...
I'm glad I didn't get a 5t cuz the dog worth of a engine. Imo the 5ts need at least 10hp (and that don't come cheap) to be fast vs Baja 4.5-5hp is pretty fast heck even my 3hp rovan 30cc was fast

If you are trying to win a speed race.....5ive T probably aint the one to bet on. Its big. Its heavy. Its 4wd.
If you are trying to win a race around a track....the 5ive T is probably the one to bet on. Its stable . Its sturdy. Its 4wd.
There is a difference between fast and quick.

From what i can see from the pics...there is over $600 in upgrades on that 5ive.
Break down of what i can see with price:

$50.00 - Fast Lane chassis braces.
$79.00 - IRP front camber links.
$79.00 - IRP rear camber links.
$30.00 - IRP servo link.
$60.00 - MIP limit straps.
$30.00 - Outerwears shockwears.
$8.00 - Full Force RC cvd shields.
$20.00 - DDM aluminum top chassis brace.
$180.00 - Losi tuned exhaust.
$90x2 - Triton paddle wheels/tires.

Last edited:
you said it was for sale.....how much? in $US?then we will see if its a deal!
From what i can see from the pics...there is over $600 in upgrades on that 5ive.

$30.00 - IRP servo link.
with all those parts = $600 +-.
there are a few shops in the eu that sell losi parts.......it not an investment but if you have the cash and want one go for it!
5t v2 = $1400 and if you add all the parts that are above $2000

Unless the price is super good I would look real hard at the 2.0, lots of nice parts on there now. Zen 32, hard anodized shocks, improved steering setup, improved driveline angles, etc, etc.

Thx all !<3 It started at around 1000 bucks i got it down to 800 at this moment(keep in mind ordering new one getting it sendt here will probely cost 1500 bucks). I need to drive for probely 8 houers + to pick it up ;)
if you aren't ready to spend a LOT of money on your new hobby u better get out while u can lol. IDC what vehicle you own, you are going to sink a ton of money into it

You are so right sir!:) Why do it halfway :D

$30.00 - IRP servo link.

Much apriciated dude! to kind!

$800 isn't bad but I don't think it's a smoking deal either. Looks like you will still need a cage at ~$125.
There 2 sets of cages with it. Dident show all the pictures . Or did u mean cage under the cover?

Attachments

• los2.jpg
    los2.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 7
  • los1.jpg
    los1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 7
Thx all !<3 It started at around 1000 bucks i got it down to 800 at this moment(keep in mind ordering new one getting it sendt here will probely cost 1500 bucks). I need to drive for probely 8 houers + to pick it up ;)

You are so right sir!:) Why do it halfway :D

Much apriciated dude! to kind!

Dang 800 bucks??!!! That's such a deal! Awsome truck! That's less than new and it's in pretty good condition and it has all of them upgrades.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks