im new to 1/5 scale rc cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The engines are a totally different beast than the nitro ones. You just tune them once and you are good to go. As for break in, you will hear different thoughts. I don't break mine in, but i do take it easy on the first tank or 2 of gas. Run it a tad rich during the first tank or 2 and them lean it out a tad for performance.

Basically WELCOME and ENJOY.
What Zouz stated ties in with everyone, generally.
Most you will read simply 'hammer from the start'.
Comment is 'hey, it's a little-modified chainsaw motor. Are you saying you're not going to pick up a chainsaw and crank it from the start, that you're going to be GENTLE with it - NO'.
That's it.
All other RC details remain - batteries, SAFETY, checking screws are tight every time, comms with the transmitter/receiver.
General care all say must be taken to ensure full maintenance of the motor.
Alan.

ya start it up, get it warm ( may have to adjus the low needle to keep it running at idle. they are often fairly rich from factory, same with the High needle).

once warmed up and running good. take it for a run. don't baby it but don't beat the poop out of it. go up to WOT (Wide Open Throtle ) just don't hold it wot for more than 15ish seconds.

run it like this for 10 to 15 minutes, then shut it down and let the motor cool down (20 minutes) then run it a 2nd time. do that process for the 1st tank of fuel. should get 2 or 3 runs out of it at 15 to 20 minutes a run.

on the 2nd tank , get it running and warmed up. adjust the H and L needle if you need to (may be ok, may need adjustment) and run it. don't baby it.

basically the ring needs to be seated to the cylinder wall. it takes Case pressure to do that, and case pressure comes from High RPMS. like noted, make sure it tuned well (not to lean or too rich) and have fun.

after the 4th to 6th tank the motor will loosen up really good and it will start to really take off for you.

When I got my 5t I did the brake in with the factory settings and dats it! didnt tune it, just left it from factory and it still runs well even to this day!

But with my new motor Im gonna take it easy and do the brake in properly......

Off topic..... I have a cy 26.9 race ported motor with 19/55 gearing, whats the hp?
I don't have a clue.

Andy

I just rag mine from the start! Never had an engine pop yet,and they always last.
If you were a lumberjack ,would you arse around with your chainsaw? NO,these engines are made to be hammered.
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks