IN NEED OF A TABLE-TOP ROTATING WORK STAND.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

Please , guys, I've been Googling around to find a rotating tabletop workstand for my fifth-scale rc vehicles but can't seem to locate any in the USA. HELP!!s-l400.jpg

I have never seen one like tgat for 5th scale. I'm actually thinking of buying a cheap swivel bar stool and modifying that.
My wife is a cake decorator and I've been eyeing up those rotating stands she uses for her heavy cakes. I've found one on amazon that can lock in place. I think it's a Wilton product. Failing to find one made for fifth-scale RC, I'll opt for buying that 'lockable' cake stand and spray it black. Lol.

My wife is a cake decorator and I've been eyeing up those rotating stands she uses for her heavy cakes. I've found one on amazon that can lock in place. I think it's a Wilton product. Failing to find one made for fifth-scale RC, I'll opt for buying that 'lockable' cake stand and spray it black. Lol.
I was just checking them out. Looks like a good idea.

I've seen some people use (musical) keyboard stands as a workbench type thing. You can also just get a cheap 20$ folding picnic table and rotating bar stool and use that on top. Maybe make holes in the folding table to mount the stool in after some trimming of legs and whatnot.

20180502_134501-1.jpg s-l400-1.jpg 20180502_134532.jpg
I've seen some people use (musical) keyboard stands as a workbench type thing. You can also just get a cheap 20$ folding picnic table and rotating bar stool and use that on top. Maybe make holes in the folding table to mount the stool in after some trimming of legs and whatnot.
I was able to fashion a rotating stand for my Redcat Rampage XR out of a Wilton cake stand (with a locking mechanism). You can see what arrived from amazon in the second picture. Around $18. Because the wheels were touching the floor, I mounted the cake stand onto a plastic base; and then sprayed the entire thing black and red.

Last edited:
Just purchased this on Amazon. Works great. Btw this is in Canadian dollars.
dccaddcfebd95c93d328c107864a30c0.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks