Inconsistencies in DBXL replacement parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

I don't know if anyone has replaced any suspension parts, but I noticed inconsistencies in manufacturing/parts sold. I ordered a set of hinge pins, hinge pin braces for the rear, and full set of 4 A-arms. This might not be a huge problem using all stock parts, but mixing the upgraded aftermarket aluminum parts causes a big issue. They all fit with the stock parts that came on the car, but not well.

The rear hinge pin braces are a bit thinner than the ones I replaced, not a big deal. However, the pins that goes on the hubs are a bit thicker causing fitment issues on FID hubs as they use a very tightly fitted bearing inside where the pin goes. It will not fit and I had to reuse the old pins. I didn't break anything, but just wanted to renew some parts as they were looking a bit rusty. The A-arms also required filing to fit the hubs and shocks into. Even after that they were a very tight fit and a major pita to install. The plastic just looks different than the stock ones that came on the car. They look better actually, like they're stronger plastic. The hinge pins that attach the A-arm to the hinge pin brace were also a bit thicker making movement very tight. I had to run some grease through just to get smoother movement, otherwise they would seize up. I didn't have any of these issues on the stock parts on the car. I guess it's true that maybe this isn't a true "losi" product after all. I wouldn't expect inconsistent parts like this from a brand like Losi. After about an hour and a half of grinding, filing and fitting, everything looks good and functions properly.

I actually built the DBXL from the ground up using all new parts. I always prefer to build my cars in kit form rather than getting RTR's. I ended up paying more for sourcing the parts separately, but I enjoyed the full build process.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks