Info needed FS 30cc motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure, but the FS may use a Chung Yang motor. look at the base of the cylinder where it meets the block. see what if any info is there. usually on a CY it will read Chung Yang on one side of the cylinder, and the other will read 30-36 signifying 30mm crank and 36mm bore.

I am getting a buggy from another member and he stated a 30fs, which if it is the case, I was trying to get some scoop on the motor, and if I need to consider replacing it.

Thanks though. If we don't have a thread maybe I will start one for the motor.

Hi if i was you don't bother really its a wast of time they generally tend to size on you after 1 or 2 tanks there are few guys that have modded them but in the long run they ended up putting so much time and effort into doing that they would of bean better of buying themselves a tuned engine at any good online rc shop i know this as i am the owner of fshopus and over the past few years i have enough expierence with these cars and engines to say this we have also sent mails to the factory asking them to do something about this they are working on the problem i do no the 35cc fs engine is more reliable than the 26cc fs engine.
if i were to be in your situation i would rather get myself a zen or cy these are very well tested and parts availability is unbelievable

Is it from Poor Material Quality? Is it worth getting a different head and cylinder? Either way I will take it apart and see whats worn first. I just want to make sure if there is anything to be aware of before I replace / rebuild it.

Last edited:
that engine is a good engine i never had a problem with it it starts easy & runs good ..when that was a truck i had a dominator pipe on it & it would wheelie..i wouldn't change the engine just for the sake of changing a engine.you will like that car its got a fast top end but if you want more low end i would get the dom.....

Hey Don,

I have never messed with an FS, as such I just want to make sure I ensure I get the max life out of the motor. Although a new cylinder head and Piston are already ordered to have on hand. Don what run times did you see with the motor, and had you run it with a Dom pipe before, I do have one and was considering seeing the differences between the two.

Thanks

Last edited:
the dom will make it scream..back when it was a truck with monster truck wheels & tires it had the dom on it & it would wheelie, that mielke pipe is really quiet i got it for another buggy but it didn't have a lot of low end so i swapped them out & kept the dom....

Is it from Poor Material Quality? Is it worth getting a different head and cylinder? Either way I will take it apart and see whats worn first. I just want to make sure if there is anything to be aware of before I replace / rebuild it.

Hi yes its poor quality the bearings will give after a 1 or 2 tanks and with that happening the piston will be trashed to but if don71 says its running ok then i would think that he has a cy engine and not the fs racing 30cc engine.these are really a 25.4cc you could say a 26cc if don71 would like to check that for you then there's no problem at all im just trying to save you a lot of trouble in the long run.Ïf there is a sign HQ marked behind the flywheel then its a no go
And if you are dead set on getting this car then you could get your self a zen 27cc rebuild kit from ddm as these are a direct fit.
original fs racing 30cc engine are 4 bolt

it is a 4 bolt engine i still have the sticker from the fan cover .. (it fell off ) i have ran about a gallon through it with no problems...

Attachments

• DSCN0941.jpg
    DSCN0941.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 11
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks