Inlet outlet pipes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerrally

Im my new year rebuild, I have ripped out my old fuel pipes and replaced with nice new ones, Its a simple project, started in Nov, to be finished in Feb!
Cant remember now which connector on Walbro carb is which.
If I remember right the top one was the fuel in, from the filter in the tank, and the bottom one (tight squeeze agains plastic guard, or 90 degree turn needed) was the return feed back to the tank.
I remember pressing the buble button on the top and the bubles in the pipe moved towards the carb in the lower pipe, but I guess thats only on pre start choke, otherwise fuel flows top to bottom.
Next question on the tank, I have 3 pipes, In, out, and overflow/ pressure release vent pipe, do they all sit at the bottom of tank, or do the return and vent sits up high, and the filter is the only one sat at the bottom?
Thanks to all

hello.

two pipes needed

one feed running to the bottom of your carb,this needs to be deep in tank with fuel filter on the end of it.

second is return top of your carb,can be left top of the fuel tank up near the filler neck.

your overflow,rarely see these on cars,can be left anywhere outside car to get to the ground or high up inside fuel tank.

the inlet on the bottom (opposite the primer bulb) is the Input. the top nipple (next to the primer bulb) is the return.

Looks like the car was fitted with the pipes the wrong way round then!, no wonder I couldnt get it to run right as soon as the tank was no longer full.
thanks for all the help guys!
Is it correct that the bottom inlet points at the engine, meaning the inlet fuel pipe has to run right next to the hot engine casing if pointing straight, or have to have a 90' kink in the tube to get past the plastic cowling that hangs down infront of the carb, don't look right to me?

you can turn the 90* nipple, just grab a pair of pliers and give it a gently turn. you ll feel it almost Click (they are splined similar to the servo horns). it should not leak afterwards, but if you turn it too agressivly, or grab it to tightly with the pliers, you can crack/brake the nipple.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks