Input on 1/5th dirt track in Phoenix.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papago_RC_Raceway

Alright guys, I am ready to build a new 1/5th scale track. We where starting to get good turnouts before Papago closed, but I need to make sure there is still a interest in racing 1/5th scale.

This new track will be 220 x 220 feet with 20 foot lanes. This will be a 1/5th scale only track! This track will be a little different than the Papago track. First, the track will never be packed and will be prepped before each race so that the track is loamy, just like real racing. The track will be flatter than Papago, alot like they run in Europe. The difference is that ours will have elevation changes though.

Also, the track will have a 3 inch natural barrier rather than 3" pipe. The Bajas get high centered on the pipe, so we will build the racing lanes 3" below grade.

Classes will be Buggy, Trophy Truck, and Monster Truck. We would run 2wd and 4wd together until 4wd gets more popular so we can split them.

This track will also serve major events and will have room for campers, large trucks, lots of pit tables, and concessions.

Please post your input so I can gauge wether or not this track will be worth the time to build. THANKS!!!!!

I'm in. With the new Redcats coming in for the summer, we should have good turnout. I can also deliver to Papago with free shipping to anyone that wants to pre-order a Redcat.

Alright guys, I am ready to build a new 1/5th scale track. We where starting to get good turnouts before Papago closed, but I need to make sure there is still a interest in racing 1/5th scale.

This new track will be 220 x 220 feet with 20 foot lanes. This will be a 1/5th scale only track! This track will be a little different than the Papago track. First, the track will never be packed and will be prepped before each race so that the track is loamy, just like real racing. The track will be flatter than Papago, alot like they run in Europe. The difference is that ours will have elevation changes though.

Also, the track will have a 3 inch natural barrier rather than 3" pipe. The Bajas get high centered on the pipe, so we will build the racing lanes 3" below grade.

Classes will be Buggy, Trophy Truck, and Monster Truck. We would run 2wd and 4wd together until 4wd gets more popular so we can split them.

This track will also serve major events and will have room for campers, large trucks, lots of pit tables, and concessions.

Please post your input so I can gauge wether or not this track will be worth the time to build. THANKS!!!!!

is this track still around????

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks