Installing top end pipe on FG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperera

I want to install my DDM top end pipe this weekend onto my FG MB but have heard that I need to cut some of the roll cage away.

Can anyone confirm what section I need to cut? I think it will be the centre bit that sits directly infront of the muffler in stock form but would like to confirm before I remove this bit.

Any ideas?

im part of another forum and there is talk that the centre bar that sits right infront of the muffler when its in stock form that needs to be removed otherwise it melts. just wanted to know if its a must or not. Also some discussion that there are allot of these pipes that the rear needs to be drilled out a bit because sometimes they come partially blocked.

even if it does hit the cross bar, it only takes seconds to remove. I had to take the low center front part out for the jetpro mt5 v2 pipe. I have a used rollbar from ebay has a melted center part.. some hit some don't. even just a hacksaw blade and 5 mins gets it out of the way if you need to.

I'd be more worried about how much body needs to be removed. if I had a MB I would look at the jp mb pipe. it just looks so intimidating hehe. and no cutting required

Going to try and remove the cross bar tomo, should be pretty striaight foward. I tried to fit last night for a brief moment without removing but there's not way, also a little worried a bout the side bar but I think there may be a couple of mm gap which is hopefully enough not to melt the bar.

Will let you know tomo hopefully. :)

Try and do it while I am at work.

well ive finished. slight mod to the bracket to widen the hole and it fits perfect, once the centre bar was removed, will post some pics soon.

cant wait to hear what it sounds like!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks