Insulator Block

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a link to DDM.
That filter REALLY needs a pre-filter for off-road use.

Really contrived piece of kit - contraption or masterpiece - I would still err on the standard KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid - approach.
Al.

best intake manifolds are the ada alloy ones with super sealing teflon gaskets and the hpi 5b filters, properly oiled, stop everything

while prefilters stop mud and goop from plugging the foam, they DO NOT, and i stress that, stop fine dust..they will let in bull dust and if you run an unoiled filter or oiled k+n type filter your engine will not last a tank...been there done that...
best combo imo is ada mani, hpi filters and an outerwears

best intake manifolds are the ada alloy ones with super sealing teflon gaskets and the hpi 5b filters, properly oiled, stop everything

while prefilters stop mud and goop from plugging the foam, they DO NOT, and i stress that, stop fine dust..they will let in bull dust and if you run an unoiled filter or oiled k+n type filter your engine will not last a tank...been there done that...
best combo imo is ada mani, hpi filters and an outerwears

TBH not a fan of the teflon gaskets.
The alloy block conducts the heat the insulator is supposed to isolate to minimise fuel volatilisation from the hot engine, which is why the PTFE, or teflon gasket is there. Its an excellent insulator, but I find it permanently deforms - can cause a leak, and I use a paper gasket in-between the teflon and the alloy to get a proper seal.
Defo the thick foam manufacturers filters for stopping the fine particles, but they just don't look nice ... !! Bling again.
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks