Intake manifold /isolator block

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteolheadz100

Are these intake manifolds really worth it can you tell the difference without having one as opposed to putting one on or is it just better for the motor in the long run what are the benefits

The main benefit is less chance of the isolator warping and causing an air leak. I put an alloy intake manifold on my engine last year after running the phenolic intake for several years. I noticed the aluminum one was leaking so retorqued it and it stayed sealed after that. I also suspect that on a hot day last summer the aluminum manifold transferred too much heat to the carb causing the motor to kill during a race heat. I built a new engine for this season and am trying the RB Innovations manifold with heat sinks and diaphragm filter, we'll see how it does in the heat of the mid summer.

Got it, i was looking at the one from ddm billet style, don't know if i should change mine or wait until it gives me problems

THe Rb Innovations one is legit. It has enough heat sink to dissipate heat away from the carb. Also the shreadstack inclined manifolds is the same thing as far as warpage. My 5b stock airfilter manifold i can push down and see air space through it when its mounted. Pretty much think of it as insurance as nothing will warp letting dirt in. Also the smooth aluminum cnc work will improve airflow...

The main benefit is less chance of the isolator warping and causing an air leak. I put an alloy intake manifold on my engine last year after running the phenolic intake for several years. I noticed the aluminum one was leaking so retorqued it and it stayed sealed after that. I also suspect that on a hot day last summer the aluminum manifold transferred too much heat to the carb causing the motor to kill during a race heat. I built a new engine for this season and am trying the RB Innovations manifold with heat sinks and diaphragm filter, we'll see how it does in the heat of the mid summer.

Did you use the teflon gaskets with it?
I have em on mine and never had a problem

THe Rb Innovations one is legit. It has enough heat sink to dissipate heat away from the carb. Also the shreadstack inclined manifolds is the same thing as far as warpage. My 5b stock airfilter manifold i can push down and see air space through it when its mounted. Pretty much think of it as insurance as nothing will warp letting dirt in. Also the smooth aluminum cnc work will improve airflow...
I was running shreadstacks but I switched over to Turtle Racing air boxes for this year, all set for reed valve mills next winter.

Good info, i wonder if it will fit the redcat chimera because the rollcage is right there where it proceeds upward

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks