irp adapters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can only run the irp adaptors if you have BRP wheels, or the genesis wheels that are specifically 4 bolt.

All other wheels still use the standard 24mm hex. Alx now has super spikes that are pretty proven on standard wheels. Also uber rc super spikes on 5b rear width wheels do well

Which tends to be stronger at the axle, the IRP or the Hex? I have seen a few broken axles running IRP adaptors so trying to decide between BRP or the ALX options running a 71... not keen on the look of Genesis either...and if the ALX prove to be at least almost as durable as BRP they seem like the better option simply for the ability to use any rim style and cheaper to replace just the tyre than the whole BRP wheel.

Which tends to be stronger at the axle, the IRP or the Hex? I have seen a few broken axles running IRP adaptors so trying to decide between BRP or the ALX options running a 71... not keen on the look of Genesis either...and if the ALX prove to be at least almost as durable as BRP they seem like the better option simply for the ability to use any rim style and cheaper to replace just the tyre than the whole BRP wheel.

I mean both are plenty strong until their not. I've seen both styles break, I prefer the hex as it's quicker to change and allows many different styles of wheels.

Think I will go with the Taylor hex outdrives conversion to fit ALX Godzilla dog bones, then I can buy the Taylor steel adaptors for both BRP and HEX and have both options depending on wheelset, seems like a super strong option either way....this build seems to be a never ending money pit...soon as I think I'm close to finishing it I see something for more money that will apparently 'solve the issues'... It initially started off a few years ago as a few plastic HPI bits, I was gonna just build a regular Baja up bit by bit over time, maybe with something like an OBR, even dropped in a castle creations kit at some point...Still haven't completed it and here we are a few years later with an Rcmax sitting in it, pretty much everything after market, billet, carbon, etc, tool box full of parts that didn't work out, seemed too weak or incompatible...started off intending to be less than a 1k build and now probably sitting at 4-5 times that 🤣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks