Is HPI going out of Business? Or did they already go out of Business?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasserbob

In the past 2 months I have hit up several of the large chain Hobby shops here in the Dallas,Texas U.S. area and not one of them sell HPI products at all.

All of the shops I went into were telling me that they no longer carry any HPI products.
Same story each time, Product was to expensive and could not sell product.
Was more trouble than it was worth to deal with HPI.

One of the reasons I bought my Rovan was because the parts are compatible with HPI but every time I go into a hobby shop and ask to see HPI stuff it was like they would get upset with me and give me a long spill about how I am not going to find any HPI stuff for sale anywhere.

Is anyone else noticing this trend in your town?

I am going to call one of the Big RC chains and ask what the deal is with HPI and why I cannot find anyone selling HPI products.

Ill post my findings.

Thank God I did not buy a HPI.

I can call Rovan and have someone on the phone or email in a flash.

I really don't see that happening with the All Mighty HPI.

HPI has been through several owners in the past 15-20yrs. Tower Hobbies was the exclusive distributer of the HPI products and they recently filed for bankruptcy and have been purchased by Horizon Hobbies. Amain hobbies is now the exclusive U.S. Distributer of HPI products. These issues have led to many small shops dumping the HPI product line, it's just frustrating for them to try and support their customers with all the supply chain breakdowns.

HPI has remained an all exclusive company based outside of United states. Same for Rovan, king motors and so on. Those company's are not going anywhere. I work closely with a lot of companys, those being three. Another two are zenoah and chung yang.

All the HPI stuff I get online. DDM Racing in particular. Also do Dollar Hobbyz, Rovan, King Motor, and LargeScale RC. Sucks to wait, but I find ordering online from these companies is a breeze.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks