is it a faulty ignition coil ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mj.jafari

Please help me figure out this strange issue on my T 2.0 (Zenoah G320RC) , this has happened now three times in a row, I go out and start bashing, after a few minutes of high throttle the engine dies, no spark what so ever. I take the truck back home, let it cool down for an hour , starts back up with no issues but dies again after about 15-20mins of heavy use. I have already eliminated the kill switch, so that's not the issue. I have also put in a new NGK spark plug and no difference. am I over heating the engine ? is there such a thing that the ignition cuts off and come good on it's own? I just need to let it sit for an hour and it starts working again I wanted to get some advice before I go and buy a new ignition coil.
Thanks heaps.

One of 2
A. The engine is so rich that the spark plugs are fooled and start failing after a while or
B. The ignition coil is RIP when it heats.
Case A should be discarded with your testing as changing to a new spark plug (during the cooldown) should give you no spark.

One of 2
A. The engine is so rich that the spark plugs are fooled and start failing after a while or
B. The ignition coil is RIP when it heats.
Case A should be discarded with your testing as changing to a new spark plug (during the cooldown) should give you no spark.
Cannot be A as I’ve tried a new plug when there is no spark and still the same, I also think it’s a faulty coil but not sure how heat would cause it to stop working

if it was me i'd just buy a new coil mate,
coils do break down sometimes and heat can be a factor,
things expand and contract with heat, so yer coil could be dead when hot but fine when colder,
easiest way would be to buy a new coil and try it, they aint super expensive and if the problem still exists with the new coil then at least you can rule it out,
and worse case is you end up with a spare coil in yer spares box (y)

A bad coil can fail once they heat up
It happens lots on full sized vehicles. I’d buy a new coil and see if the prob goes away I bet it will

I would agree on the coil. You can always check the current one if the air gap is correct and if the coil is secure and not loose. However, if it is heat related, it could be a damaged coil winding that does not seem to present itself when cold. Checking the screws on the coil will also give you that opportunity to inspect the flywheel for damaged or missing vanes (could have caused damage to coil if discovered).

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks