is the race runner a worthy upgrade to a baja5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimco

Looking to hear from people who own a race runner and a baja5b.
Basically i know there two very different cars but currently owning a baja5b, if i purchased a race runner would i be disappointed or will it be a lot of fun in its own way?
Are these race runners well constructed ,what are there week points?
Are there any other large scale 4x4 cars in this price range that preform well
Do the race runners accelerate well with a 29cc plus engine?

bimco,
I own both. I personally prefer the MCD. As a matter of fact I should say I owned both since I have sold the HPI baja.. The MCD is sooooo reliable. I have the race runner. As a matter of fact I went racing yesterday and I had such a smooth day. I switched out the gear ratios to make it taller and that thing was screaming. When I was done, I came home took out my electronics and hosed the thing down with water air compressed the water off. Threw some WD-40 on it and the thing looks like new. No broken parts just pure fun. Get one and you won't regret it!!

Thats what I like to hear. I sold my Baja also. It soured me on big gassers for now. I'm just sitting back and waiting to see what else the large scale hobby might bring. I've had my eye on the Race Runner for quite some time. Hearing everyones stories about how reliable they are really is starting to ignite my fire again.

I have both too, I use them in different ways though... theres no way I'd jump the RR like i do the baja - its way too heavy but the RR will eat the rest on a track, and its heaps of fun to drive and so easy to work on its not funny. I'd say get one, they aren't perfect but hey what car is?

You asked for the week points............

I would say that the week point on all MCD, is the gearplate. Sooner or later you should change this plastic gearplate to a Aluminium one......

And maybe the two gearwheels inside, the C+D....get this in steel, and you are ready to go WILD:clap:

i have both, the MCD is fun, 4x4 is awesome, but like mono said, no jumpin the MCD, i use the Baja for that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks