is this a fg marder or a clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a member of musk, nor shall I become one. If you want us to see it, save it and put it up here. :lol:

Having to become a member to see a picture is a joke!

Last edited:
Starting with the first pic...

All clone parts I can see...

servo plate
battery cover
ft shocks
muffler can is from a baja
ft cable brakes
red button kill switch (probably a cy)

Second pic
Clutch housing
Tires (king cobra)
Not sure about the wheels, but they don't look like FG
Rear wing (baja)
(rear brakes aren't hooked up)

Last pic.
Roll bar
lower control arms
driveshafts
rear shock tower
Diff sleeve
Diff gear (looks really chewed up, I have 50 gallons on my FG gear and it's not that bad, so I say it's clone too)
rear uprights

With a list that large, I would say it's a Smartech, because the Carson and DTX Firehammer are better quality than that. I would have said HobbyPro Mutilator, but the chassis is tapered and the rear shock tower is different.

Easiest giveaway is the shine of the plastics. FG and Carson are satin or matte finish.

I will guarantee you it's not an FG!

How much is he trying to get out of it?

Starting with the first pic...

All clone parts I can see...

servo plate
battery cover
ft shocks
muffler can is from a baja
ft cable brakes
red button kill switch (probably a cy)

Second pic
Clutch housing
Tires (king cobra)
Not sure about the wheels, but they don't look like FG
Rear wing (baja)
(rear brakes aren't hooked up)

Last pic.
Roll bar
lower control arms
driveshafts
rear shock tower
Diff sleeve
Diff gear (looks really chewed up, I have 50 gallons on my FG gear and it's not that bad, so I say it's clone too)
rear uprights

With a list that large, I would say it's a Smartech, because the Carson and DTX Firehammer are better quality than that. I would have said HobbyPro Mutilator, but the chassis is tapered and the rear shock tower is different.

Easiest giveaway is the shine of the plastics. FG and Carson are satin or matte finish.

I will guarantee you it's not an FG!

How much is he trying to get out of it?

askin £350

NO F*CKIN WAY!!!!

You could buy a brand new one for that! Off him $150. No more! That's 92 Quid... I don't even know if it's worth that.

haha lol i`ll leave it alone then was offering him swap for my hyper st nitro and 150 quid on top lol. thanks for the heads up saved me some cash there cheers. i have however been offered a hopped up hobbypro mutilator with 2.4 radio for £300 quid

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks