Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Is this a good deal or should you buy new?

Discussion in 'MCD Monster Truck' started by Bigger the Better, Feb 27, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Bigger the Better

Bigger the Better LSF Plus Member
    PLUS member

This MCD is on Ebay and looks pretty good. I emailed for some more pictures and received the following. Do you think its a good deal or would you buy new so you know what you are getting with one of these. It looks from the pictures its been pretty wet from all the rust and water staining.:helpsmilie: I've always been told in this hobby that you will not get what you have into it but, you shouldn't pay over 60% for it used either.

Sorry always looking for a deal.:blush:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MCD-Proline-Monster-Truck_W0QQitemZ130082592024QQihZ003QQcategoryZ44029QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Attached Files:

2. Harris

Harris Well-Known Member

i was watching that truck on flea bay. but for the price id rather buy a new one and then i can put the motor and servos i want in it. not to mention i got a nomadio react so i would defently want to convert over to that

3. Bigger the Better

PLUS member

Kinda what I was thinking. If you got this yes you would save a couple hundred but is it really worth it for the crap you don't know about it and he says its pretty new but it looks like he drove it all winter and never dried it letting everything rust up. Kinda figured I wouldn't like the photos since he didn't post them on the sale.:( Oh, well tomorrow is another day.:cool2:

4. veron

veron Well-Known Member

buy new dude then you can customise engine, pipe radio and servos yourself. the mcd in pics is used but it doesn't look that bad just a bit of dried dirt/mud, i reckon after a clean with wd40 it would look good. you know for someone selling on ebay you would have thought the dude would have at least cleaned it?

5. kuatto

kuatto Well-Known Member

Agreed,buy new and have the peice of mind knowing if something goes wrong,you have a warranty and customer service.

6. Bigger the Better

PLUS member

Thats a great point that I always forget.:cool2: