Is this a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkippyRC

Hello came across this listing wanting to know if this is a good deal I think it is but I do know that the Hpi Baja is an older truck. Any idea what engine this is I see the sticker on the front says Oneil brothers. Opinions?

IMG_0742.png

IMG_0740.png

IMG_0739.png

IMG_0738.png

IMG_0737.png

IMG_0741.png

Im not sure if the 5sc came with black anodizing.
The 5t was orange anodized.
My point being ive seen ppl slap a hpi body on a clone.
It definitely has a chinese cheapo pipe clones would have.

From what I see, this rig is a clone with some genuine name brand parts. IMO the biggest tells are the lack of serial number sticker on the rx box cover and who buys a Fly Sky radio to replace the stock HPI unit? Most would upgrade to an aftermarket name brand. It seems the only "true HPI" parts are the decals. From the pics I can't tell if the engine is a genuine OBR, but the decal looks to be legit. The body is a clone as the window decals are from Rovan. I'm not here to rag on clone stuff as I have some. I just don't like it when sellers try to take advantage of some potential buyers.

From what I see, this rig is a clone with some genuine name brand parts. IMO the biggest tells are the lack of serial number sticker on the rx box cover and who buys a Fly Sky radio to replace the stock HPI unit? Most would upgrade to an aftermarket name brand. It seems the only "true HPI" parts are the decals. From the pics I can't tell if the engine is a genuine OBR, but the decal looks to be legit. The body is a clone as the window decals are from Rovan. I'm not here to rag on clone stuff as I have some. I just don't like it when sellers try to take advantage of some potential buyers.
thanks for this info I’m gonna stay away from this, No wonder he only wants 500 for it

the 5sc came with black chassis and gunmetal anodising,
that has an hpi main chassis by the look of it, hpi has the extra hole on the underside for the battery box locater stub, the clones do not have the batt box stub or extra chassis hole,
shocks look to be hpi,
a arms are clone rovan/km,

If it's what your looking for and don't mind spending the money. Spents basically said its an HPI with rovan arms. Who knows what else has been done to the truly built Ransmission, if anything. Used RC is a crap shoot. When I buy a used RC I look at it as if I will have to replace everything lol. That way no buyers remorse.
Hi......I just gave Chris at Central Valley Estate Sales about 50 RC vehicles to sell. They range from brand new Lost 5iveT,s in boxes to built up 5iveT's with Taylor Racing Engines,frames,control arms etc. He also has fully built Raminators as well as stock Raminators. Also lots of brand new built nitros and electrics. Reason for selling: After being down for a while I had to step back a little from the hobby. I tried to sell on my own...but at one at a time it was a nightmare. I am an older guy and would just like to see people get quality products at a rate they can afford. If I can even get back 1/3 of what I spent I am fine with that....We have shipped all over the United States...his number is (559) 367-6673.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks