Is this a new problem? Front driveshafts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P3NGU1N

Well, today was the break in and testing of 2 new 5ive's we bought last night. Near the end of the first tank, one of the trucks had spat out a front axle. During the third tank of my truck I lost both front axles and noticed my rear center shaft was bent.

CIMG0443.gif

CIMG0450.gif

Time to contact the warranty division, these shafts have to be defective. 3 broken shafts in 4 hours.

Anyone else ever encounter this?

I've hammered mine,and know plenty others who have too and not had any probs. I would definately contact the retailer first and also horizon.

with the stock engine? hummm i never broke any until i had 8 HP gas and 10HP electric. FLM seems to have the best deal on aftermarket ones.
call horizon and get a few free ones and maybe go buy some custom ones cause i feel you drive kinda hard lol

Are the FLM shafts good ones?

I also don't think I was driving that hard. I've seen these things take way worse than what I did with it.

They look pretty bone dry if you ask me. I strongly recommend you get some Fast Eddy Dogbone and Transmission grease and put that on your CVDs. I was told if you keep them well greased, you should have no problems. It's worked for me so far.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks