Is this the Best one to get 1/5 th scale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBB888

Hey Guys

Looking at options for 1/5th basher and most point to Losi 5ive

Compared to F/G- HPI- Redcat - and the others???
Which can take a beating and lots break all the time??

Thanks
Mike

I have a Losi 5ive and a redcat mtv3. The losi is is awesome and reliable. It's also got a lot more money in it. My redcat with a few upgrades has given me no real major issues. I built my losi for racing but when I just want to bash I pick the redcat everytime it's just big and fun and parts are cheap.

I have a 5ive and a redcat mtv3. The losi is is awesome and reliable. It's also got a lot more money in it. My redcat with a few upgrades has given me no real major issues. I built my losi for racing but when I just want to bash I pick the redcat everytime it's just big and fun and parts are cheap.

Still on the fence with redcat- I think the name just erks me lol

Still on the fence with redcat- I think the name just erks me lol

Not being a fan boy, the losi is superior in almost everyway. The mtv3 and dune runner seem to be made by third party they are are sold under several brands including hpi. Mine is of decent quality and I have less than 900 bucks in it with a few upgrades. But most parts are so cheap it has that f*** it full throttle you don't really give a cap if you break it thing. Because you were smiling when you decided to try something stupid with it.

Not being a fan boy, the losi is superior in almost everyway. The mtv3 and dune runner seem to be made by third party they are are sold under several brands including hpi. Mine is of decent quality and I have less than 900 bucks in it with a few upgrades. But most parts are so cheap it has that f*** it full throttle you don't really give a cap if you break it thing. Because you were smiling when you decided to try something stupid with it.

I have a Redcat Dunerunner which is a great buggy.
When it's all said and done they all break and need upgrades and the Redcat is cheaper in that area.
The new Redcats also come with a 32cc 4 bolt so that's a BIG consideration.

Honestly....if you're not gonna race, I'd look at both, decide which you like the look of better and then just realize you're gonna put a few hundred into either and grab one up! I have the 5ive T, but would definitely love to get the DBXL (which is not even a "real" losi). It will, just like the Losi need upgrades and I've made peace with that ;) If you were gonna race, it'd be ALL 5ive T.

No Not going to Race Just want something fun because they turned the golf course by me to a park. So theres a lot of open land to run cars

No Not going to Race Just want something fun because they turned the golf course by me to a park. So theres a lot of open land to run cars

there is also the Baja.

You can't go wrong with either rig. They both need upgrades to help strength and reliability. The Baja is way cheaper (just because you can find them on Craigslist all the time used and typically with upgrades). It will get you into the sport cheap(er).

However, for full on killer handling on top of the fun, you will want the Losi. You can sometimes find them used (mostly Ebay).

Both rigs are fun and both have TONS of aftermarket support. The Baja is more fun basher while the Losi is an all out racer that can bash with the best of them.

The DBXL gets great reviews also with decent aftermarket support. It's more basher than racer. Kind of like baja/5ive T combined.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks