It will not start......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamin chicken

2 weeks ago it ran great, I tried to start it this past weekend and it will crank and then cut off, it will do this about 4 times then I have to pull the plug and wipe it down, I have also tried a brand spanking new plug also with the same outcome.....

where are your needles, you may be to rich on the low and have a low idle as well. it may only need to have the idle adjusted up.

there is a good change the ring needs replaceing, but at 3 or 4 tanks, then the ring SHOULD not be burnt out unless it was bad from the start, or you had it set to lean and wore it out, which is this IS the case, your lucky it didnt sieze on you.

post up both H and L needle settings.
stock 27 with most any tuned pipe, should be settleing in around 1.3 to 1.75 out on the H and around 1.15 to 1.5 out on the low. take note there is a pretty wide gap on those numbers, but different pipes and motor mods may need more or less fuel to be properly tuned.

Are you sure the fuel tank is breathing.... sounds silly but loosen the fuel cap and try to start it again.

Try new fuel... just a thought.

Try 1/2 a dozen drops of oil down the plug hole, turn the motor over by hand (a couple of gentle pulls on the pull starter) will do, then replace the plug and try again.

If it runs for 30 seconds or so then gets worse, maybe it is the ring.

Your air filter is clean???

hope that helps.

Ok I will check those things out. I have not touched the needle settings since they were set by the tech guys that built it. I too thought about the gas so I checked my lines and they are ok the plug does still get wet after a few pulls though. I will try to work onit today and get back, thanks for all the help.

when it was built and brand new, its likely your motor builder set the needles rich.

how does the plug look by the electrode?
Really Dark/Black and oily? if so i would say fouled plug.
drop in a new plug, if it fires like you think it should and runs good, then i ll almost gaurentee its just rich needle settings.

I have maybe 2-4 tanks run through it I am on my 2nd plug. The plug is very black and oily. I did put a new plug in it and it did fire but would not stay running ansd it too would get wet.

post up both H and L needle settings.
stock 27 with most any tuned pipe, should be settleing in around 1.3 to 1.75 out on the H and around 1.15 to 1.5 out on the low. take note there is a pretty wide gap on those numbers, but different pipes and motor mods may need more or less fuel to be properly tuned.

What are yours at?

black and oily plug on a new motor with about 4 tanks says rich needles to me.

If a motor is eating a piston ring in 3 or 4 tanks, that motor is FU Cked!!!

i honestly suggest you read up and get familiar with tuning.

it sounds like you need to adjust the idle screw up a bit ( bigger bottom screw ) and most likely lean the LSN just a tad. maybe 1/12th of a turn.

you ll do well to understand the tuning process before you tackle this as its a very very small adjustment sepperating a well tuned motor and a squeeked ( lean siezed) motor.

I played with the H&L needles today by turning them both in and then backed them out according to the person that built it, it started and I am good to go now. But now I think the DX 3.0 maybe going out because the Venom kill switch that used to work off of the C button now works sometimes on the A button. Thank you for all of your help.....:rockon:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks