I've got a T2000.still working out the bugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool, ya got the T2000 4 wheel drive, all of us here have been wondering how they will hold up, our concerns mainly have been the drive belt. possible weak point to drive system. please keep us informed on its performance and what happens with it. i know all of us thats been wondering would love to know how it does.

The belts are holding up fine. I'm eating spurs though, I guess from the extra load. Even tried a Hostile spur. Gonna try a metal spur I guess.

Attachments

• gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 56
Ouch, that is one mangled spur. Slap a metal one in there.

I'd be curious to know how the belt holds up. I have a couple of nitro belt driven cars and the belts have never given me troubles but I do tend to go through gears in them faster too.

man, now thats a meltdown. if metal gears don't do it then ya got probs.

never thot the gears would be the part to let go, so to speak, we all figured it would be the belt. Tulare on ebay i think has some metal 57 tooth spurs.

If you are destroying spurs I wouldn't put a metal one on. You move the break point to something more expensive. You have problems that just putting a metal spur on won't fix.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. If the heat is just the extra load or something else. Got some 6000 rpm springs to try and a couple more hostile gears coming.

is the clutch shoes showing any signs of rapid wear, or heat, burnt looking?

if it is, it might be heating up the bellshaft xfering that heat unto the pinion gear, which would result in mealting of the spur gear.

its a possibility, not worth ruling it out. is the carrier a closed or open carrier?

closed might be holding the heat too much, and similar to what i said, rsulting in pinion melting the spur.

personally, i think its in the clutch area causing the heat, a sealed carrier not letting heat dissapate fast enough, or clutch shoes burning themselves xfering al that heat to pinion.

I feel sure its the pinion getting hot and transferring the heat to the spur. Now why is the question. Extra 4wd load? Insufficient R&D on the clutch?

I have the T2000 as well. The spur gear and pinon mesh might be too tight. Try a 56th tooth spur gear. KM had trouble with that in a couple of their cars. I know this because I sell them :).

Dan

hows it been for you Dan? read someplace that you said something bout the front plate had tendency or possibility of bending to easily, or something like that. and somethin bout the belt, and another issue.

just wondered how it was running for ya.

No the clutch bell carrier is not enclosed. Good call on the 56 gear. If I can't get the mesh right with the 57 i have coming I'll try that. The shoes look fine also. I've only got like 3 runs on mine though. Can't keep spurs on it.

hmm whats the pinions tootn count?

they as Dan said might have put on a mismatched set. the pinion might not match with the 57 spur. a different tooth spur just might help, as Dan said.

if those suggestions Dan made doesn't help, im not sure what else to try other than contacting KM themselves. ya might have to send the truck back for serviceing or some kinda repair/fix to solve it.

don't know what else to think of.

hmm whats the pinions tootn count?

they as Dan said might have put on a mismatched set. the pinion might not match with the 57 spur. a different tooth spur just might help, as Dan said.

if those suggestions Dan made doesn't help, im not sure what else to try other than contacting KM themselves. ya might have to send the truck back for serviceing or some kinda repair/fix to solve it.

don't know what else to think of.

I haven't really spent that much time on it, I got it in the winter and haven't had to opportunity to really use it. But from my initial runs I think it really needs a bigger engine and a good pipe. The truck is very heavy. The belt looks like it can be problematic with dirt and sand, so I would stick to road. The frame was adjusted and bent in the front. I am not sure about this design. This basically becomes the weakest point in a crash.

I bought a lot of 56 tooth spur gears, if you need one let me know. You won't need to change the pinon.

I am not sure how much support you are going to get from KM directly. I think I am the closest you will find in terms of support for KM.

If you still have problems with the truck you can give me a call and we can try to get it going.

Dan

think you got part of your answers directed at wrong guy Dan. i had asked how yours was running out of curiosty. the other guy is having the spur eating problem with his t2000. i have the t1000 i got off you thru ebay.

but yah you right i think, that your prolly the best guy to talk to on any km issues, if you don't know, you can prolly find out at least for anyone.

ive been doin lots of upgrades on mine, alloy parts here and there, new radio and servos comin in tommorrow for it. will use the stock radio on something else.

found out one thing, you cant put on dark soul meaty bones and hostile boots without makin a change to that gearcover. the tab that holds the rear of cover on ripped a boot right off. i removed that tab, and used a bolt and nut with a concave washer to replace the front 2 pins holding cover on. snugged just enough to be secure and not move. and now i got the clearance for boot.

put a killer bee on engine, and a inclined shredstack is comin for carb.

that filter design is a pain, the new tack put filter up at angle to make getting it on and off easier.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks