JetPro V2 Exhaust oil on tire and brakes....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Revo

Anyone did a mod to make the exhaust, fuel and oil not en up on the tires, brakes and gears on a FG MT with Jetpro V2 pipe?
The way my FG sits, and the way the Jetpro pipe is mounted all the exhaust stuff gets on the left rear tire, wheel, brakes and gears.

i ran this pipe for a while on my FG MB, didnt have this issue and didnt do any mods, does your stinger have a 90 degree kick to it so the fumes and crap get spat out sideways instead of on the rear tire?

It has a 90 degree bend.

As you can see in this pic the pipe ends just at the tire. Mine get all covered in that sh"#!" :)

media.jpg

Not as dirty as it was, as I wiped some of it off when I took out the motor,
but you can still see some of the oil and stuff, mixed with dirt. This gets all over that area and mostly forward to cover the fuel tank with fumes that sticks and traps the dirt and dust. It's a nightmare to get clean :)

IMG_4753.jpg
IMG_4757.jpg

Revo,there is a mod you can do on this.I had one on a 5T and it pointed towards the shell and was burning it so much a hole started to appear.
I drilled the pop rivets out,turned the exhaust tip around so it wasn't aimed at the shell and re-drilled the pipe end then re-riveted it.
I don't know what access you have to tools but I can guarantee this will work.
J

Thanks for the answers :) Drilling and re-riveting, that sounds to be a winner :)
I'm a member over at garagejournal, I restor old american cars as a hobby, if anyting I have to much tools ;);)hahaha

Thanks again :)

Earlier I did a Ford Mustang 302 V8 1966. Then a Chevy Impala 1967 (Watching Supernatural got me in to that one :))

Now I'm at it with two not so old, but very funny to drive, a Chevy K5 4x4 1982 and a Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 1986. Converting the last one from 2wd to 4 wd, and giving it a lift with some bigger tires. Not to big but enough to make it from the main road to the cabin ;):lol:

Anyone did a mod to make the exhaust, fuel and oil not en up on the tires, brakes and gears on a FG MT with Jetpro V2 pipe?
The way my FG sits, and the way the Jetpro pipe is mounted all the exhaust stuff gets on the left rear tire, wheel, brakes and gears.

I just spoke with Dino at JetPro, he's the guy that built your pipe and he told me to have you call him at 1-800-4-JetPro he can tell you what to do to fix the problem.

He's a great guy, give him a call. Or shoot him an Email..

http://www.jetpro.com/

Then I have sent som e-mail back and forth with Dino at Jetpro.
He didn't have a solution for this problem, but I'm very pleased with his customer service. Finally a person that takes his customer seriously!

:):):):)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks