jimbo1's Traxxas UDR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I would try a cheap light bar to see if I like it before I splash out on the Traxxas light kit.

Was not expecting this to be as bright as it was ?

Will seeHow I like it when driving it before I make it permanent or buy the official light kit ?

I apologise for the poor photos ?

764012EA-E9AC-477B-A04C-62F287B0F983.jpeg
E041AA17-69B7-4020-B749-1D66D873E2FC.jpeg
49B3861D-0B14-48C0-8876-962EF1CCE9BC.jpeg
F3DAD1B2-9309-494A-A0BE-65CBA3FEC3D8.jpeg
648FB216-A312-4E89-9561-D72BC6860C47.jpeg

Thought I would try a cheap light bar to see if I like it before I splash out on the Traxxas light kit.

Was not expecting this to be as bright as it was ?

Will seeHow I like it when driving it before I make it permanent or buy the official light kit ?

I apologise for the poor photos ?

View attachment 49741
View attachment 49742
View attachment 49743
View attachment 49744
View attachment 49745

That looks cool and very bright ?. I bought my first light bar before they announced the kit so I was pretty pissed lol. It's amazing how good leds can look on Rc cars.

I sold my slash on Ebay, so I ordered a new Rigid body and a clear one ready to do my custom body. I have plenty of reference pics now too as the truck ran last week at King of the hammers.

I'll start a build thread soon, ?

I might check out the terrain situation at Upton this Sunday. The wife has friends down for the weekend so will be fully hungover Sunday which gives me a day on the cars.

I got vid of me bashing in the dark....;)

here we go :ROFLMAO:
That looks cool and very bright ?. I bought my first light bar before they announced the kit so I was pretty pissed lol. It's amazing how good leds can look on Rc cars.

I sold my slash on Ebay, so I ordered a new Rigid body and a clear one ready to do my custom body. I have plenty of reference pics now too as the truck ran last week at King of the hammers.

I'll start a build thread soon, ?

I might check out the terrain situation at Upton this Sunday. The wife has friends down for the weekend so will be fully hungover Sunday which gives me a day on the cars.

did you decide on a paint scheme in the end?

I might be racing this weekend if the weather is good at the local track.

have you been to south coast rc before?
Racing might not be your thing but they have practice days on Saturdays in the summer where you can run what you like unless its a
5th scale.

If racing falls through I will send you a pm as see if you are still going out with the udr Sunday(y)

here we go :ROFLMAO:

did you decide on a paint scheme in the end?

I might be racing this weekend if the weather is good at the local track.

have you been to south coast rc before?
Racing might not be your thing but they have practice days on Saturdays in the summer where you can run what you like unless its a
5th scale.

If racing falls through I will send you a pm as see if you are still going out with the udr Sunday(y)

I have seen you race on your losi posts. I used to race 10th scale Tourers years ago and enjoyed it. Never tried off road. I'd be worried it would be yet another money pit so I tend to stick to just Rc cars for leisure lol.
I've been up there and checked it out. It looks good and the facilities have improved massively over the years. If they did a UDR class I might be tempted...

Yup. Design chosen. Decals and paint ordered ?

I have seen you race on your losi posts. I used to race 10th scale Tourers years ago and enjoyed it. Never tried off road. I'd be worried it would be yet another money pit so I tend to stick to just Rc cars for leisure lol.
I've been up there and checked it out. It looks good and the facilities have improved massively over the years. If they did a UDR class I might be tempted...

Yup. Design chosen. Decals and paint ordered ?

Yes, racing 1/8 is a money pit as it can get addictive :ROFLMAO: 1/5 racing is still new to me and I think could be even more of a money pit. the idea is awesome but the reality might not be as awesome, so we will see how that goes lol

did you decide on the red and black scheme or the classic one?

Yes, racing 1/8 is a money pit as it can get addictive :ROFLMAO: 1/5 racing is still new to me and I think could be even more of a money pit. the idea is awesome but the reality might not be as awesome, so we will see how that goes lol

did you decide on the red and black scheme or the classic one?

Where do you go to race the Losi?
Nearest place to us I could see was Clanfield...

Yeah 1/8 scale I can see would be expensive. You're looking at circa 500 for whatever buggy you get lol.

Yup going for the red and black. Decals arrived today. Really good quality and more of the snaller decals from the livery than I was expecting. Can't wait to make a start. I've not seen any images of any else doing this livery so would be cool to be the first

You run yours again?

Where do you go to race the Losi?
Nearest place to us I could see was Clanfield...

Yeah 1/8 scale I can see would be expensive. You're looking at circa 500 for whatever buggy you get lol.

Yup going for the red and black. Decals arrived today. Really good quality and more of the snaller decals from the livery than I was expecting. Can't wait to make a start. I've not seen any images of any else doing this livery so would be cool to be the first

You run yours again?

to race the losi I go to MMR-Raceway in Chippenham I have now been twice and its about 65 miles away. :ROFLMAO:

I ran the UDR up the street last night after I fitted the light bar only for a couple of mins.

cant wait to get it out some more and scratch the body up so I can have an excuse to buy a clear body like you and do my own colour scheme.

im looking forward to seeing your traxxas udr build thread!!(y)

I might take my udr to the local track on Sunday and see if I can take it round the track for a few laps after the racing has finished!

Last edited:
to race the losi I go to MMR-Raceway in Chippenham I have now been twice and its about 65 miles away. :ROFLMAO:

I ran the UDR up the street last night after I fitted the light bar only for a couple of mins.

cant wait to get it out some more and scratch the body up so I can have an excuse to buy a clear body like you and do my own colour scheme.

im looking forward to sing your traxxas udr build thread!!(y)

I might take my udr to the local track on Sunday and see if I can take it round the track for a few laps after the racing has finished!

You'll have to film the laps. I wonder how it would get on running on astro. Can't help but feel grip roll will be worse than grass ? Gravel and dirt is where its at home

Not sure how to approach my build thread.... I've had the car since summer last year ?

I'm starting to do more with it now for sure so I might have some good stuff to put up

those are nice
why those instead of aluminum ?

The alloy arms that i like are like £60 and i cant justify the cost at the moment :ROFLMAO:

Plus i like rpm stuff and have had great experiences with rpm products in the past and for £15 im more than happy(y)

I might go all alloy one day but the truck is still new to me and i want to use it as much as possible before spending £££ on it straight away (y)

I like those. I have considered these. They look like they fit well and have a similar look to stock.

I'm not convinced by the Ali stuff. I think some of it looks a bit tacky plus... You're moving the weak spot somewhere else. These arms are relatively cheap and easy to swap out. Could even be done while you're out if you have tools and spares with you

sorry didn't mean anything by comment, understand the week link train of thought, reason I haven't used alloy on other car
reson for asking is I have one trailing arm that has a slight bow to it

sorry didn't mean anything by comment, understand the week link train of thought, reason I haven't used alloy on other car
reson for asking is I have one trailing arm that has a slight bow to it

Hi “RC RT” How are you liking your udr?

I will be keeping my stock arms as spares and see how the rpm arms hold up. I didn’t have a issue
With the stock items other than them looking rather thin, I am not harsh on my cars so I may take me a while to come to a conclusion lol ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks