jimbo1's Traxxas UDR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today I have went ahead and swapped the steering servo before I even run the truck. It was really a doddle of a job if you have an electric screwdriver ?

I checked the level of the shocks and they were full and don’t seem to be leaking so will see how they hold up.

I might change the shock oil as suggested by doza28.

While I was at it I did a little tyre lettering in white, I think it looks good personally and finishes the whole truck off.
Not sure if I’m going to do any more of the scale painting tbh,

One thing I still need to do is strip the back axle and check if it is greased well.

Everything does seem to be smooth and the front diff feels right so I don’t have any concerns it is low on oil from the factory but I think I’m just going to put a few packs through it first and get some first impressions before I start changing fluids etc ?

Just going to enjoy and have some fun hopefully ?

I will,let you all know how it goes ?

Thanks. I know it can look a bit tacky some times but I think it works on this truck ?

The tyre lettering really works on this truck.

I did paint all the details on the rear of the truck. Thought it would add a bit of life to it. It is time consuming.

Looking forward to seeing your impressions of the truck when you run it ?

Ok people I ran x1 4s pack through it at home today on grass,damp concrete and even some wet Astro turf.

First impressions are this truck is amazing once you understand how to drive it and change your driving style to suit .
I love how you just dab the throttle and the Tsm works with you to help you slide about.

This truck is a j-turn and drift king!

The suspension travel is awesome to see especially when you launch full throttle or when you slam on the brakes and lock all four wheels up to a sideways stop.

You have to steer this truck with the trottle which is what I was expecting, I did not expect it to be so controllable.

Once you have this style down this truck is so nimble for its size.

The tyres are just right for the truck and I think will last for a long time.

The truck felt plenty fast enough on 4s and don’t think I will be even trying 6s any time soon.

Can’t wait to take the truck out for a session and put a few more packs through it.

To conclude. I am very happy with the truck and it is just what I was looking for as a bit of fun and a laugh?

Ok people I ran x1 4s pack through it at home today on grass,damp concrete and even some wet Astro turf.

First impressions are this truck is amazing once you understand how to drive it and change your driving style to suit .
I love how you just dab the throttle and the Tsm works with you to help you slide about.

This truck is a j-turn and drift king!

The suspension travel is awesome to see especially when you launch full throttle or when you slam on the brakes and lock all four wheels up to a sideways stop.

You have to steer this truck with the trottle which is what I was expecting, I did not expect it to be so controllable.

Once you have this style down this truck is so nimble for its size.

The tyres are just right for the truck and I think will last for a long time.

The truck felt plenty fast enough on 4s and don’t think I will be even trying 6s any time soon.

Can’t wait to take the truck out for a session and put a few more packs through it.

To conclude. I am very happy with the truck and it is just what I was looking for as a bit of fun and a laugh?

View attachment 49578View attachment 49579View attachment 49580
Glad u like it!

its always hard to run a brand new truck for the first time. lol
i had to rinse the body off straight afterwards as you can tell from the photos lol

i should have got a photo of it all dirty :ROFLMAO:
I hate seeing mine dirty lol

I pretty much clean mine after each run.
I wash the body under a tap. I leave the dirt to dry on the truck, then brush it off while having a hoover nearby. A spray of GT85 keeps the plastic supple and shiny

Last edited:
Just had mine out... Seeing you talk about yours made me bring mine in to work lol

You know you want the light kit ?View attachment 49591

haha nice. its a fun truck inst it.

i know! stop mantioning the light kit!!! :ROFLMAO:
The light kit looks awesome but it is a lot of money this month as i only bought the udr last week! lol

it might have to wait a while plus i may try and make my own light kit :ROFLMAO:

haha nice. its a fun truck inst it.

i know! stop mantioning the light kit!!! :ROFLMAO:
The light kit looks awesome but it is a lot of money this month as i only bought the udr last week! lol

it might have to wait a while plus i may try and make my own light kit :ROFLMAO:

LOL... The light kit is cool. I think it's pretty good for money. If you have the app, you can control the lighting from your phone which is very trick. Theres a lot of lighting in there too.

I originally bought a Murat Rc light bar for the front off ebay. It was a really good fit and worked well.

As for where to buy upgrades, traxxas ones are starting to come through--some of which look nice.
It depends what you're after? My shop of choice has always been modelsport, but I'll happily use whoever has stock.

can anyone point me in the rite direction apart from ebay for where to buy upgrades?
I get upgrade parts thru amazon, they are from China takes a couple weeks to get.
I prosses of changing front a arms now, have already changed front CV axles,
the thing is in my garage now apart, twisted front drive (plastic)
Also noticed the shock boots oily (leaks)
So doing a major over haul on car for son

My son came over showed me his truck back in December we took it out and I was suprized of the speed it has.

This reignited my passion for RC's, after some research is when I chose the Losi 5ive T 2.0, now looking into new BIGGER motor
I want more power/speed

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks